Thread: Pacific Northwest Open Carry Yahoo Group Formed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that myself and a few others have formed a yahoo group called "Pacific Northwest Open Carry Group". It is a group that is open to all who are supporters of open carry in the Pacific Northwest states primarily, though anyone outside of the region who wishes to join for educational purposes for doing the same thing in their states are welcome.

PNWOpenCarry was formed primarily out of OpenCarry.org's Washington members, with a few Oregon members thrown into the mix. The group is meant as a clearinghouse of information and strategy. Our primary goal is to educate law enforcement to the legality of open carry, via the proper channels in the chain of command (i.e. training bulletins and legal advisories), as well as other government agencies (primarily transit systems). Secondary goals is education of members and others as to where legally someone can or cannot open carry in the Pacific Northwest States, information on how to open carry, including retention methods and so on.

You may see the group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pnwopencarry

You may also join by sending an email to:

pnwopencarry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

With regards,

Lonnie Wilson
    Founder/Owner, Pacific Northwest Open Carry Group

NOTE: I did not form this group to compete with OpenCarry.org in any way shape or form. It's a group for those who do not want to post on forums, but are more willing to use just email. That's all. I've pretty much PM'd everyone in Oregon's board that I can see, and Washington's too. However, our group is a little bit Washington heavy, and we need some more Oregon members for something that we're cooking up in Oregon.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

maybe you'd be willing to create a daily digest you could post here???

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

This is great news - ensuring that Oregoan and Washington state are friendly to lawful open carry is key to ensuring gun owner access to the Pacific coast, and in isolating California as an outlier on the issue of open carry in the Western half of the US.

And because of the Washington state requirement to have a conceald handgun permit to open carry in vehicles, it will be necessary to ensure that such permits are available to everyone if they want them.

State Researcher

Post imported post

FYI - The address at Yahoo that you show is correct, but the linked address goes to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pwnopencarry. Note the w and the n are transposed. Funny thing is, it worked fine the other day. Weird.

LoveMyCountry