• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pacific Northwest Open Carry Yahoo Group Formed

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Dear all,

Open carry has been broached as a subject many times, some with a lot of argument and disagreement. WA-CCW in general is for CCW issues, with some spillover for other gun issues for obvious reasons. However, CCW is the main focus.

To that end, I am pleased to announce that myself and a few others have formed a yahoo group called "Pacific Northwest Open Carry Group". It is a group that is open to all who are supporters of open carry in the Pacific Northwest states primarily, though anyone outside of the region who wishes to join for educational purposes for doing the same thing in their states are welcome.

PNWOpenCarry was formed primarily out of OpenCarry.org's Washington members, with a few Oregon members thrown into the mix. The group is meant as a clearinghouse of information and strategy. Our primary goal is to educate law enforcement to the legality of open carry, via the proper channels in the chain of command (i.e. training bulletins and legal advisories), as well as other government agencies (primarily transit systems). Secondary goals is education of members and others as to where legally someone can or cannot open carry in the Pacific Northwest States, information on how to open carry, including retention methods and so on.

You may see the group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pnwopencarry

You may also join by sending an email to:

pnwopencarry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

With regards,

Lonnie Wilson
Founder/Owner, Pacific Northwest Open Carry Group

NOTE: I did not form this group to compete with OpenCarry.org in any way shape or form. It's a group for those who do not want to post on forums, but are more willing to use just email. That's all. I've pretty much PM'd everyone in Washington's board postings about it a few weeks ago, and many have joined, plus a few joiners from wa-ccw (who were supportive of opencarry) who had supported our efforts. I posted this into Oregon's forum, and if any Washingtonians know any Oregonians who are supportive of open carry, please encourage them to join up here on OpenCarry.org, or at pnwopencarry, or both even. We're a little Washingtonian heavy at the moment, and there's some stuff in Oregon that needs doing.

Erus

imported post

Mr. Wilson, as I am on my way to the PNW in just about 6 months or so, I tried to click in the imbedded link in your post to see the group, in case I was welcome to join now, or even just to keep up to speed for joining later, and I found a "Group not found" message.

Copied here:

Group Not Found
There is no group called pwnopencarry. Please make sure you typed the web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.
You may also search or browse for groups on the Yahoo! Groups Home Page.
I did not attempt the "join-up" email link.

Erus