• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you do?

reefteach

imported post

Interesting. Good post.

It is hard to say without knowing exactly what happened. But it appears that a man entered the passenger door( whichI would have had locked) while his friends approach from the driver side. I definately don't like the gun being pointed at my head, so I would floor it. I would try to hit cancel ifI was in that position, but if not, thats OK. Just a little money. I just assume ferul humans like this are going to shoot me, either on accident, or purpose. That is why I want to get away. While I distance myself from them, I would evaluate weather the friend in the car still posses a threat. Drawing on aperson in the passenger side could be difficult. Very close quarters. A lefty carrying strong side would have an advantage. I might just have to use the fact that he is not wearing a seatbelt, and I am, to my advatage. Slam the breaks, send him flying into the dash, then reevaluate. At this point I am sureI can draw. Might have to dispatch him then take him to the nearest police station.

But I am sure it is much easier to do this in cyberspace. I do know that the odds of the guy pointing the gun at my head being properly trained in firearms safety is pretty low, and I want to get away. I alsofeel that if he is pointing a gun at my head, he wants to kill me.

critter

imported post

If you're at an ATM in a remote or at least concealed place I'd expect your situational awareness would be high, not low. As soon as you see any shadowy figures door locks and windows up are in order. If they push the point and aim in the side then get out of there by gunning the gas in "Drive". If they block you from in front and point at gun at you gun the gas in "Drive". If they shoot or point a gun at you from behind gun the gas in "Reverse".

Don't get me wrong, I like guns--a lot. But I have a Lincoln Navigator that would just *love* to tire-tread some felon's facial features.

TEX1N

imported post

Wachovia again!!! Obviously the criminals have picked up that Wachovia is a "safer" bank to rob. But how can that be, guns are not allowed in Wachovia's!?! :banghead:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I occasionally go to a drive thru ATM at night and I have been concerned about this kind of thing happening there. First off I circle around the parking lot looking for anyone hanging around. When I pull up, the car is in drive, foot on brake, pistol in hand, deposit slip filled out before I get to the ATM.