• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Ammo Day Nov 19

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/tos/single/9805/

November 11-19, 2006.
National Ammo Day/Week.
One billion rounds of ammunition into private hands, in one week.

[align=left]Basically go out and buy at least 100 rounds of ammo on Nov 19 or in the week leading up to the 19th. Last year there was an effort to attempt to clean out Walmart stores of ammo, and a plan to buy a copy of Red Dawn with your ammo. Not really significant but fun to do.
[/align][align=center]
NAD2.jpg
[/align]

possumboy

imported post

longwatch wrote:
and a plan to buy a copy of Red Dawn with your ammo. Not really significant but fun to do.
I've been thinking about replacing my VHS copy of Red Dawn, now would be a good time! I like that idea! I will OC into Wal-Mart (do all the time, andhave not had problems)and do this. Hopefully they have Red Dawn available.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Yeah the plan was that people would buy the ammo and Red Dawn, at the same time at Walmarts all across the US. Supposedly to cause a spike in somebody's computer.

Spank That Donkey

imported post

I bought 6.8 Remington last year hoping to save up the scratch for that Barrett 468 I am a needing! The upper is $1,400:shock:

But of course if the Dems take control of congress, the price of guns will double, and I'll never get to afford one:exclaim: