• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia NRA endorsements.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Just got an email from NRA-PVF and here are there endorsements in red for the federal races this year. Kinda dissapointed that they persist in not endorsing anyone against Jim Moran (who is endorsed by the Brady campaign). I'm kinda interested that Carrico couldn't get an endorsement because I think he has been a pretty progun guy, I hope the reasoning is that Rep. Boucher is a good pro gun guy and not just because he is an incumbent. I'll stay away from the senate race because that is being covered in multiple threads already.

Federal Candidates
U.S. Senate
(R) *George Allen A+ (D) Jim Webb A
U.S. House of Representatives
DISTRICT 1
(R) *Jo Ann Davis A
(D) Shawn O’Donnell ?
DISTRICT 2
(R) *Thelma Drake A
(D) Phil Kellam A
DISTRICT 3
(D) *Bobby Scott D+
DISTRICT 4
(R) *Randy Forbes A
DISTRICT 5
(R) *Virgil Goode A+
(D) Al Weed F
DISTRICT 6
(R) *Bob Goodlatte A
DISTRICT 7
(R) *Eric Cantor A
(D) James Nachman ?
DISTRICT 8
(R) Thomas O’Donoghue A
(D) *Jim Moran F
DISTRICT 9
(R) Bill Carrico A
(D) *Rick Boucher A+
DISTRICT 10
(R) *Frank Wolf B+
(D) Judy Feder ?
DISTRICT 11
(R) *Tom Davis D
(D) Andrew Hurst ?

longwatch

imported post

Because they like to look like kingmakers, and thats easy to do when you only endorse shoe-ins.

TEX1N

imported post

That is just ridiculous. You give the him an 'A' and his opponent an 'F' and you still won't endorse the 'A' guy?!? It would be different if they had given O'Donoghue a 'D' and didn't want to endorse him. I guess this is just politics at its best. :cuss:

longwatch

imported post

It was just as ridiculous when they failed to endorse Otey over Moran in 1996. I worked very hard on that campaign because John Otey came to a NVCDL meeting looking for help. Otey didn't ask for any money from the NRA or get any from them, but he wanted and could have used the endorsement.

VAopencarry

imported post

hmmm....... now that you say that I have heard that before, that's lame, District 10 Wolf gets an endorsement with a B+ rating.

VAopencarry

imported post

hmmm, It would be nice to know how they come up with the ratings. Wolf gets a B+ and an endorsement from the NRA and an F from GOA. WTF?

longwatch

imported post

I would too, can't find any indication of a survey or other criteria. Still Moran is endorsed by the Bradys this year and thats enough for me to vote against him, not that it makes a difference in a gerrymandered district.

VAopencarry

imported post

I just noticed my district has a Libertarian running with an 'A' rating from GOA. Decision, decisions, personally I'd rather vote Lib then Rep or Dem.