• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady's Solid Support of Democrats Affirms Party's Anti-Gun Posture, Says CCRKBA

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Hat tip to Hillbilly from THR
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=75602

To: National Desk
Contact: Alan Gottlieb of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, 425-454-4911
BELLEVUE, Wash., Nov. 2 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Thanks to the Brady Campaign's list of endorsements for the Nov. 7 elections, which almost exclusively went to Democrats, it is now clear that the Democrat Party's anti-gun philosophy really hasn't changed, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) said today.
"For several years," observed CCRKBA Chairman Alan M. Gottlieb, "Democrats have been carefully crafting their rhetoric to conceal their anti-gun agenda. They have espoused 'support' for the Second Amendment and individual gun rights, but the anti- gun rights Brady Campaign's list of endorsements belies any pro- gun positions the party has professed.
"It is now all too clear to this nation's gun owners," Gottlieb continued, "that Democrats still adhere to a philosophy that sees this important constitutionally-protected right as nothing more than a privilege that they would erode at every opportunity, because they already have.
"Congressional Democrats are salivating at the prospect of taking over powerful committees, and California's perennial anti- gunner Nancy Pelosi is poised to become the next House Speaker," Gottlieb observed. "How can American gun owners trust the Democrats as a party when so many of their leaders continually receive, and embrace, endorsements from an extremist anti-gun organization?
"The Brady Campaign endorsements are like a shot across the bow of every American citizen who values his or her constitutional right to own a firearm," Gottlieb said. "The Second Amendment and various state constitutional protections aren't about duck hunting or target shooting, and they never were. They are about protecting our right to protect ourselves and our families; they're about liberty and freedom, and about what sets America apart from everyone else, as the greatest nation on earth.
"By accepting these endorsements from the Brady Campaign," Gottlieb concluded, "Democrats, and especially their party leadership, prove once again that they just don't understand this. Maybe it shows they never will."
-----
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms ( http://www.ccrkba.org ) is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.
http://www.usnewswire.com/
-0-
/© 2006 U.S. Newswire 202-347-2770/

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I believe they are an offshoot of the 2nd Amendment Foundation or vice versa. They are big enough to organize the Gun Rights Policy Conference every year.

MADISON

imported post

The Brady Bunch [HCI] are American Democratic Socialest!

Send Serah Brady a carton of Marlboro. It will help her lung cancer.

lostone1413

imported post

the trouble is after 6years I can't see where the Republicans are thhat Pro GUn either. That is why I voted 3rd party. Tired of voting for who I think is the least of the two evils. Evils is Evil

The Donkey

imported post

MADISON wrote:
The Brady Bunch [HCI] are American Democratic Socialest!

Send Serah Brady a carton of Marlboro. It will help her lung cancer.
It is one thing to disagree with Sarah Brady, and quite another to wish her a slow and painful death.

Some folks on the other side stereotypethose of uswho believe that the Second Amendment protects individual rights as"fanatics""lunatics" and "gun nuts."

Do you seriously think, Madison,that you advancethe cause by living up to their lowest expectations?

Pickingupthe thread of theidiot comments of the CCRKBA --I assume that you refer to "American Democratic Socialests" in the perjorative.

Speaking as a proud member of the Democratic Party, I respecfully suggest that it might add a bit more punch to the insult the next time you use it if you first run a spell check on the word "socialest."

The Donkey

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
It is one thing to disagree with Sarah Brady, and quite another to wish her a slow and painful death.

I agree. Nobody should wish Sarah Brady to have a slow and painful death-- especially the slow part.