• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Webb is going to take the NRA to task?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=3695569

"as a member of the National Rifle Association, he expects to take the organization to task for supporting Allen"

I'm kinda curious what he means by this statement. Does this mean retribution from a man who said he wasn't seeking the NRA endorsement. How exactly does this translate into terms of legislation?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Whew. Glad I voted against him.

It doesn't take a gun owner to understand that someone who has a solid pro-gun voting record, is an incumbent, and is the current "in" party is going to get an endorsement over someone who, no matter his statements, has no voting record.

All he needs to do is to read the NRA's grading criteria to know he was not going to get a higher grade and therefore, IF NRA made a Virginia endorsement, it would be Allen. If Webb is so smart, he should have understood that. That's the kind of puzzle-solving thinking (put the pieces together) we need to lead a country.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well its just about all over with 30 minutes to go. We will know shortly who will be crying.