• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i went an placed a bid ...

nh92d

badmonkey

imported post

Thanks for the link, I think I'll go bid against you.:p Okay that's a joke but if you get it for that price then it sounds like a good deal to me. Used or not it's a decent holster for under $5, can't really go wrong trying.

nh92d

imported post

badmonkey wrote:
Thanks for the link, I think I'll go bid against you.:p Okay that's a joke but if you get it for that price then it sounds like a good deal to me. Used or not it's a decent holster for under $5, can't really go wrong trying.

hopefully i get it cause when your working with a tight budget,you need things at their cheapest.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I would say the first holster for under $20 delivered is a good deal. The beltslide wouldn't be my first choice but it looks servicable, I would carry with it in confidence lacking anything better. You just have to watch out with belt slides because more of the gun is exposed to catching on something or getting damaged. No retention with that one either but you can compensate for those deficiencies.

nh92d

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I would say the first holster for under $20 delivered is a good deal. The beltslide wouldn't be my first choice but it looks servicable, I would carry with it in confidence lacking anything better. You just have to watch out with belt slides because more of the gun is exposed to catching on something or getting damaged. No retention with that one either but you can compensate for those deficiencies.
that's what i was thinking too..

longwatch

imported post

Beltslides are great if you conceal carry. Your cover garment protects the pistol. If you have or want to OC, carrying a weapon on safe can make up for the lack of retention.

longwatch

imported post

Well you could go with condition 3 carry, and practice israeli draws, but you can't always vount on having both hands available. Probably better to just get in the habit of being in a high condition yellow state of alertness, and be wary of anyone getting within reach of your piece. Good news is that gun grabs on civilian open carriers are pretty rare regardless of holster retention.

mercutio545

imported post

badmonkey wrote:
Especially when you are a low income college student like myself. Good luck with the auction!

I know exactly what you mean. College sophomore right here. Low income? More like "what income"? Hahaha...