• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I voted, have you?

Bolt06

imported post

I did my part as an American too. besides in my opinion (not trying to offend) but i feel if you don't vote you can't complain!:cuss:....so I can complain now .. :D ..and as far as OC i can't either due to a school being the voting location.

TEX1N

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
Voted first thing this morning. As I point out in a Utah specific thread, OC'd right into the high school where my polling place was located. No problems at all.
I hate you, but in a good way ;)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
With paper ballots anyone of average intelligence understands them and can count them. They are not foolproof but they are simpler. They also take longer to count, but not that long, and what's the hurry? The world won't end if you have to wait a few hours more before the first count comes in.

Didn't work in Florida <grin>. Well, maybe the Florida re-counters weren't average intelligence (she says, having lived in the state for 10 years).

I have no heartburn with the electronic machines. I'd prefer they punch a paper tape that would go in to a locked receptacle and then be destroyed if no recount is required.

Still, I think it would take too much systematic and concerted effort to really affect a vote through the machines as they are now. JMO.

badmonkey

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I don't like the electronic only machines. Aside from fraud, there is no paper trail if there is a 'glitch' and all the votes in the machine go poof.
The machines we have here in WV do leave a paper trail. As you vote you can see who you voted for being printed on a paper roll through a plastic window on the machine. VA must use different machines. I'm assuming this is in case the machine 'goes poof'.:lol: