• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off-Topic, But Lost and need info

Erus

imported post

OK long story short.. in the process of getting my FFL here in NV, I found that my county does not allow a firearms buisiness to be run from a private home. (I can do so in most of the nearby counties, or in a seperate "storefront", and can run almost any other type of business from/in my home) So' I suspended the application process on the FFL for now. I Know all the Federal rules, but can't find any info for Washington regarding this issue.

The family and I are heading to WA in around 6 months and I would greatly like to suppliment my income (as well as my habit) by doing some small potatos firearms sales out of our home.

Anybody able to give me any info on State/County rules regarding this?

Thanks TONS, and sorry for the OT.. (Mods, if I am out of line here, just let me know and I'll delete the thread)

Erus

sandy

imported post

I've seen the local anti-gun media report a couple of times on a very popular gun shop run out of someone's home for the past several decades. They moan and complain that children live in the neighborhood, but that there's nothing they can do about it because his business is well behaved and legal. Several times someannoying group has tried to shut it down for ideological reasons, but thankfully they haven't succeeded.

This tells me that running your FFL firearms dealer business out of your home is legal in WA. Since I don't remember the county or neighborhood, I can't drill down more than that, but you have hope at least.

--Sandy (WA)

Erus

imported post

Thanks, Sandy..

That's at least a better answer than I got in my own state.. well county.. if I moved 60 miles west I could do this no problem.. Sigh, but that's still not enough rain for us. :)

I am hoping the WA law is statewide allowing firearms sales from home, but since we don't have the county pinned down just yet if there is trouble in one vs another, that will help us choose.

Appreciate the response, needed the hope. :)

Erus