• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to VA

CaptainCharles

imported post

Hi all,

New Virginian resident here, basking in my new found freedoms.........

Already CHP'd up and OCd once in my local area of KG County.......Still getting use to the idea of being able to legally carry,moving from the People's Republic of Maryland and all......

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Welcome to the Old Dominion. Enjoy your newfound freedom. If you aren't on the VA-Alert its a good wat to keep informed RKBA issues in the state. You can sign up
over at VCDL.org and you might consider joining up too.

JacquisPoni

imported post

CaptainCharles wrote:
Hi all,

New Virginian resident here, basking in my new found freedoms.........

Already CHP'd up and OCd once in my local area of KG County.......Still getting use to the idea of being able to legally carry,moving from the People's Republic of Maryland and all......
Good website to check out: www.packing.org if you are not familiar with it

CaptainCharles

imported post

Thanks all. I have looked forward to moving here for quite some time........And was finally able to make that come to fruition. Originally from Tennessee so I especially felt out of place in MD.....Although I do miss the Chesapeake Bay...

Learned of at least one silly law (IMHO) in VA....You can't buy a handgun on a VA Drivers license less than thirty days out from the date of issue....Oh well, it beats the 10 day waiting period in MD......

Again thanks forthe welcome....

cs9c1

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Just so you know, Can only purchase 1 handgun every 30 days if you do not have a carry permit.
So true, I have a friend who spent a week in jail for putting a pistol on lay-away the same month he bought one. Now that is crazy.