• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Birthday Marines! & Happy Veterans Day, Vets!

TEX1N

imported post

I know that there are a lot of Marines, and Veterans in general on this board. I thought this would be a good place sound off and say:

Happy 231stBirthday Marines!

Happy Veterans Day to all Vets past and present!

POW_MIA_flag.png

Simper Fi!

~TEX1N
Corporal - United States Marine Corps
2001-2005

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This vet is going nuts ---

I'm in Massachusetts to celebrate my brother's return from a year in Iraq.

Much as they celebrate fighting for freedom (this is one of the few towns in the states that still has a Veterans Day parade) - I feel naked. Had to leave my weapons in VA. Did consider carrying a bow and arrows around here, but I hadn't checked out the laws :D

imported post

Happy 231st Birthday to all you jarheads out there!

Here's something I wrote a few years ago for Veterans Day.

VETERANS DAY

To those who went before me, showing the way with courage and honor.

To those who went with me.

To those who follow behind me.

To those who are missing never to be found.

To those who gave all, while asking nothing in return.

You will always be remembered, honored and will live in our hearts and minds forever. I salute you all.

Happy Veterans Day

thank you

TrueBrit

imported post

Amen to all of the above!

Also, this day being Armistice Day to a Brit, it is also a fine day to celebrate our 700th member. Many congratulations to Messrs Pierce and Stollenwerk, and thanks for a fine, instructive forum!

TrueBrit.

JacquisPoni

imported post

Happy Birthday Marines! A big thanks for all those that served and those that still serve in our Armed ForcesThanks, you are appreciated!!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Happy Birthday !_____

Happy Veterans Day to all Vets past and present !

Thank you one and all for your service !

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

New birthday and Vet's Day - happens every year 'bout the same time.
Yata hey

vinnie

imported post

The marine corps is born.

Yea congress authorized a Corps of Marines, but it was 2 low level Navy dept. flunkys who were sent out to find recruits.
After a quick planning session they went to get a beer at a dockside pub. Since they were already there drinking in the early afternoon they thought it would be a great place to find recruits.
They conscript a table and proceed to accost the next man through the door. They buy him a beer and explain this new Marine Corps to him. He agrees to sign up so they do paperwork and buy him another beer and send him to wait at a table in the corner. Drunk with, uuhhmm their own success, they proceed to accost the next young man through the door. Brief sales pitch and he agrees. More paperwork and they buy him a beer and send him to wait with the first recruit.
The new guy introduces himself the the first recruit and says”This marine business sounds like a good deal. Room, board, adventure, and they bought me a beer!”
The first recruit says”In the OLD CORPS they bought you two!”
biggrin.gif