Thread: Protection in a hotel

Post imported post

My parents were staying at a hotel in Richmond, VA.

Someone started knocking on the door saying he needed in the room. My dad asked him what he needed and he said he stayed in the room last night and forgot his phone charger.

My parents told him that cleaning must have it because my parents had not seen it. He said that hewanted in just to look around.My parentstehn told him they would not let him in, if he had a problem, he needed to contact the front desk and have an employee help him.

He became angry andsaid that my parents had to let him in becausehe would not go away.

My dad said "Babe, get me my pistol."

The guy immediatily left and my parents did not hear from the front desk about it. Because my parents did hear from the employees, this makes me believe the guy was trying to "crash" my parents hotel room.

Post imported post

Just goes to show us all, ya never really know when you might need it.

Thanks for sharing.

Matt

Post imported post

Did he really have a pistol?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Yes he did, he carries a Glock 23 with him now.

Post imported post

It might have been a good idea to call the cops immediately after the guy left. That way your Dad gets on record as calling the cops and gets to give his side of the story first, in case the bad guy decides to call the cops and make up his own version. You want the cops to hear from you first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    It might have been a good idea to call the cops immediately after the guy left. That way your Dad gets on record as calling the cops and gets to give his side of the story first, in case the bad guy decides to call the cops and make up his own version. You want the cops to hear from you first.
    Correct, anytime a weapon is "USED" in a situation the LEO's need to be called. The first one to talk to the LEO is a situation like this would be thought to be the victim. Did they look through the peep hole so they could ID the BG, and sign a complaint. This is one of the few times when you really want to talk to the LEO's.

Great story. Thank you for sharing it with us. Just goes to show you that you can never let your gaurd down. Hotels are one instance that I do not open carry, should they have a problem with my having a weapon in their facility. I don't go anywhere without a firearm on me, CC or OC and sometimes both. I agree that its good advice to call the local police in that instance too and inform the management of the incident with full written report.

My wife and I were in Poplar Bluff Missouri at a Holiday Inn. They put us in the back in a kitchenette room and not long after we settled in I hear a rather loud car pull in, idle for a minute and leave. 20 min. later same thing. then again. I thought ' oh this is not good'. sure enough, 2 am that morning we hear gun shots. we hit the floor. State police show up about 15 min. later...... they did catch the people.....they wrecked a little way down the road as they were high tailing it out of there.

I had a freind attack in in about the same way and was injuried and some money taken.

I would not open the door when traveling to some one I did not know. If you think in is a hotel employee I would call the front desk to comfrim.

As for calling the police maybe, maybe not. No crime was commited, no weapon was show or used, no entry was made.

If it was in a area kown to be very anti gun or self protection and I were armed I wouldn't call the police. Thats a good way to end up in jail yourself.

You really have nothing they can go on some guy asking to look for his phone charger.

Now if he tried to force his way in thats another story.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    I disagree. The cops might try to turn it around on you.

I stopped in at a small PD once for directions. I wasn't there 2 minutes and the interrogation started instead of simply helping me find my way.

Despite what many of us heard from our folks when we were kids...the policeman is NOT your friend.

Me too.....

I had one similar to this but this time it appeared to me a drug dealer was looking for someone that owed them money or drugs or something.

yeah, you never know when, you never know where. Just carry. And keep your eyeballs peeled.