Thread: New OC'er in Raleigh... what should I know?

Post imported post

Howdy all. I'm thrilled to have discovered this board. Lots of good info. Y'all are very brave. Keep it up!

I'm a relatively new OC'er. I've done it in Virginia a couple of times, but never here in Raleigh. First, I don't yet have a CC permit. Will this matter when I'm OC'ing? I imagine it might sometimes be nice to have SOMETHING to show a LEO if questioned, even if it's not legally required.

Second, what kinds of questions should I be prepared to answer if I choose to OC? Places I would be carrying would be my local grocery store, some fast food places, maybe a few sit-down restaurants. I'm just not sure what I might get asked and I want to have the right answers before I try.

Thanks! I appreciate the help. I'm really eager to do this because this is something I believe strongly about, but I also want to be fully informed before I proceed.

Post imported post

Dress nicely and be polite. I can't be too much help as I prefer CC to OC. Just make sure those sit-down restaurants don't serve alcohol. NC law makes no distiction between bars and restaurants that serve alcohol, both are off limits to firearms. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum41/637.html

Post imported post

Along with ensuring that you are not carrying in a restaurant that serves alcohol, just inform anyone that asks that you are carrying for both the protection of yourself and them. It is a responsibility that you have decided you are willing to bear and take that responsibility seriously.