Thread: Sheriff's deputy to student: Try and take my gun, you'll see it's impossible. Student: Okay. Gun: BA

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Another installment of "We are the only ones professional enough to carry". What kind of idiot uses a loaded gun to demonstrate weapons retention to CHILDREN!
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/2005news/5_13odd.htm

ANDERSON, S.C. -- A gunshot was fired into the floor in an Anderson County middle school after a student accidentally pulled the trigger of a deputy's holstered gun. The gun fired Wednesday morning after a student grabbed it as the deputy told them how hard it was to take a gun from an officer's holster, Sheriff David Crenshaw said.
    The student's finger apparently was small enough to get inside the holster and pull the trigger, the sheriff said.
    The bullet fired into the floor, and debris cut and scratched two students. But no one was seriously injured, school officials said.
    The sheriff's office has begun an internal investigation and the officer involved is on administrative leave, said Crenshaw, who would not identify the deputy or say whether he would be paid while on leave.
    "The officer there today had a major lapse in judgment," Crenshaw said Wednesday. "He was just trying to be nice to the kids and made a faulty decision. It was an accident. The good Lord blessed us that nobody got hurt."
    Information from: The Greenville News, http://www.greenvillenews.com

Post imported post

Well this makes me feel real safe. I am heading down to Anderson in a week to visit my Grandparents for Thanksgiving.

Post imported post

Patriot, wear your Kevlar, and avoid the Sheriff and his deputies like the Plague!

When I was a soldier in England, negligent discharges were followed by a spell in the jug, not leave, paid or unpaid!

Come back safe, and be careful, old feller.We shall all be on tenterhooks until we see your next post after Thanksgiving!

TrueBrit.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

My sister has two childrenin school in Anderson, one in middle school.

And to thinkpolice arethere "To serve and protect". What kind of lesson do you think those children learned?

- Carrying a gun is dangerous; someone could take it away from you.

- It's okay to let someone try to take away a loaded weapon.

- Cops are too stupid to plan a good lesson.

It doesn't matter what his words say from here on out.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Why didn't the pistol have a safety engaged, at least, I wonder?Hmmmmmm....? Obviously,the primary safety (namely the LEO's brain), failed spectacularly to have given an un-trained child access to his LOADED firearm...

I wonder if he has ever tried that with his own kids?

I'm just glad that the kid DIDN'T get the gun out of the holster... At least it remained pointing downward (thankfully without sweeping anyone's body!).

molonlabetn

Post imported post

WOW,

I hope we get to see video of this on youtube soon. STUPID!

Post imported post

"The officer there today had a major lapse in judgment," Crenshaw said Wednesday. "He was just trying to be nice to the kids and made a faulty decision. It was an accident. The good Lord blessed us that nobody got hurt."

Yet another case of "when we cops screw up with firearms, it's no big deal. Move along. But when you serfs do something like this, we will do everything we can to make sure you get a criminal record, possibly go to jail, lose your job, and otherwise make your life miserable."

Oh well, never confuse the law with justice or fairness, I guess.

Post imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
    Patriot, wear your Kevlar, and avoid the Sheriff and his deputies like the Plague!

When I was a soldier in England, negligent discharges were followed by a spell in the jug, not leave, paid or unpaid!

Come back safe, and be careful, old feller.We shall all be on tenterhooks until we see your next post after Thanksgiving!

TrueBrit.
    Well, I made it back safe and sound. It wasn't to hard to avoid the local LE, considering I only was one patrol car in the three days I was down there. Anyway,it was a good trip with lotsgood food.

Post imported post

Delighted to see you made it back unperforated by Barney Fife, Patriot!

It would seem that these Anderson cops are like small children;they are best seen, but not heard! Come to that, probably best not to see them too much. One patrol car in three days sounds about right. One can only hope that they are busy getting some much needed training in the handling of defensive weaponry!

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

Delighted that you made it back unperforated by Barney,Patriot, and that you browsed and sluiced in proper fashion!

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

My apologies, double post, hit the wrong tit!

Old- timer's disease, or whatever,

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

Patriot, wear your Kevlar
    The child, while committing such dire offenses as

1) touching an officers implement of official duty, 2) utilizing a dangerous ordinance without license or legal stature (and possibly without the consent of parent or legal guardian), and 3) wearing body armor while in commission of said acts

would add two more felonies onto this kid's indictment as well as possible jailtime of up to 20 extra years and 20kUSD in fines...

:what: