• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff's deputy to student: Try and take my gun, you'll see it's impossible. Student: Okay. Gun: BA

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Another installment of "We are the only ones professional enough to carry". What kind of idiot uses a loaded gun to demonstrate weapons retention to CHILDREN!
http://www.seacoastonline.com/2005news/5_13odd.htm

ANDERSON, S.C. -- A gunshot was fired into the floor in an Anderson County middle school after a student accidentally pulled the trigger of a deputy's holstered gun. The gun fired Wednesday morning after a student grabbed it as the deputy told them how hard it was to take a gun from an officer's holster, Sheriff David Crenshaw said.
The student's finger apparently was small enough to get inside the holster and pull the trigger, the sheriff said.
The bullet fired into the floor, and debris cut and scratched two students. But no one was seriously injured, school officials said.
The sheriff's office has begun an internal investigation and the officer involved is on administrative leave, said Crenshaw, who would not identify the deputy or say whether he would be paid while on leave.
"The officer there today had a major lapse in judgment," Crenshaw said Wednesday. "He was just trying to be nice to the kids and made a faulty decision. It was an accident. The good Lord blessed us that nobody got hurt."
Information from: The Greenville News, http://www.greenvillenews.com

TrueBrit

imported post

Patriot, wear your Kevlar, and avoid the Sheriff and his deputies like the Plague!

When I was a soldier in England, negligent discharges were followed by a spell in the jug, not leave, paid or unpaid!

Come back safe, and be careful, old feller.We shall all be on tenterhooks until we see your next post after Thanksgiving!

TrueBrit.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My sister has two childrenin school in Anderson, one in middle school.

And to thinkpolice arethere "To serve and protect". What kind of lesson do you think those children learned?

- Carrying a gun is dangerous; someone could take it away from you.

- It's okay to let someone try to take away a loaded weapon.

- Cops are too stupid to plan a good lesson.

It doesn't matter what his words say from here on out.

molonlabetn

imported post

Why didn't the pistol have a safety engaged, at least, I wonder?Hmmmmmm....? Obviously,the primary safety (namely the LEO's brain), failed spectacularly to have given an un-trained child access to his LOADED firearm...

I wonder if he has ever tried that with his own kids?

I'm just glad that the kid DIDN'T get the gun out of the holster... At least it remained pointing downward (thankfully without sweeping anyone's body!).

molonlabetn

Tomahawk

imported post

"The officer there today had a major lapse in judgment," Crenshaw said Wednesday. "He was just trying to be nice to the kids and made a faulty decision. It was an accident. The good Lord blessed us that nobody got hurt."

Yet another case of "when we cops screw up with firearms, it's no big deal. Move along. But when you serfs do something like this, we will do everything we can to make sure you get a criminal record, possibly go to jail, lose your job, and otherwise make your life miserable."

Oh well, never confuse the law with justice or fairness, I guess.

VApatriot

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
Patriot, wear your Kevlar, and avoid the Sheriff and his deputies like the Plague!

When I was a soldier in England, negligent discharges were followed by a spell in the jug, not leave, paid or unpaid!

Come back safe, and be careful, old feller.We shall all be on tenterhooks until we see your next post after Thanksgiving!

TrueBrit.
Well, I made it back safe and sound. It wasn't to hard to avoid the local LE, considering I only was one patrol car in the three days I was down there. Anyway,it was a good trip with lotsgood food.;)

TrueBrit

imported post

Delighted to see you made it back unperforated by Barney Fife, Patriot!

It would seem that these Anderson cops are like small children;they are best seen, but not heard! Come to that, probably best not to see them too much. One patrol car in three days sounds about right. One can only hope that they are busy getting some much needed training in the handling of defensive weaponry!

TrueBrit.

Pwning the Papacy

imported post

Patriot, wear your Kevlar
The child, while committing such dire offenses as

1) touching an officers implement of official duty, 2) utilizing a dangerous ordinance without license or legal stature (and possibly without the consent of parent or legal guardian), and 3) wearing body armor while in commission of said acts

would add two more felonies onto this kid's indictment as well as possible jailtime of up to 20 extra years and 20kUSD in fines...

:what: