• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asking the Chief about OC....

mattjohnston87

imported post

And when I say Chief, I mean the Chief, The President.

It dawned on me today, that instead of asking our local politicians (which is still a good idea) about OC, would it be completely insane to, say, email the Vice President or whoever asking about OC?

What do you think? Have I gone off the deep end? Have any of you thought of this?

Edit: Or, I guess the AG wouldbe more appropriate to ask, sincehe is the "nation's chief law enforcement officer". (quote from the white house web site).

Matt

hirundo82

imported post

What would be the point? Federal law does not regulate the carrying of firearms except in federal facilities. Both open and concealed carry are clearly the domain of each state.

mattjohnston87

imported post

True, that's why I posed the question if I had gone off the deep end.

I guess it would just be kind of interesting to hear their views on it, but the more I think about it, a) probably wouldn't get a reply and b) doesn't matter what they think.

Sorry to bug ya'll. Continue on...

Matt