Thread: What makes an OC holster legal/illegal?

Post imported post

Is there anything that would make a holster illegal to wear while carrying? I know that the weapon has to be visible to its "true nature", but what does this mean? Does the grip as well as the front of the barrel have to be visible? One of my holsters has the front of the gun poking out, but another one I was looking at has the front part covered up so only the grip is visible. Is this OK? Thank you for the clarification (I'd rather learn about technicalities on here than learn the hard way from a LEO :P)

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

This is state dependent. But if you have a permit to conceal, then you are covered - except maybe in Mississippi where the legislature has passed very conflicting statutes.

Post imported post

Good point. I'll repost this on the VA board.

Post imported post

this CZ52 holster completely covers the gun. sure its a holster, but i don't think its exactly open carry. i could see people just saying 'what is that on his belt' and not realizing its a holster.

Post imported post

Perhaps. I recognize it as a holster. I would think most persons with some firearms experience could tell it is a holster from its shape.

ProguninTN