• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What makes an OC holster legal/illegal?

mercutio545

imported post

Is there anything that would make a holster illegal to wear while carrying? I know that the weapon has to be visible to its "true nature", but what does this mean? Does the grip as well as the front of the barrel have to be visible? One of my holsters has the front of the gun poking out, but another one I was looking at has the front part covered up so only the grip is visible. Is this OK? Thank you for the clarification (I'd rather learn about technicalities on here than learn the hard way from a LEO :p)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

This is state dependent. But if you have a permit to conceal, then you are covered - except maybe in Mississippi where the legislature has passed very conflicting statutes.

Flowmaster

imported post

this CZ52 holster completely covers the gun. sure its a holster, but i don't think its exactly open carry. i could see people just saying 'what is that on his belt' and not realizing its a holster.

ProguninTN

imported post

Perhaps. I recognize it as a holster. I would think most persons with some firearms experience could tell it is a holster from its shape.

ProguninTN