Thread: Bersa Thunder .40

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I bought a Bersa Thunder .40 yesterday. Feels really good; ambidextrous, so lefty hubby can feel comfortable; 13-round magazine. Of course I complete purchase at about 4:45, bought a good (JBP, I love them) holster, but didn't have time to search fo replacement magazines. Have to order a few.

I wanted a .45, but no one had one.

Bought it more for the fun factor; I already carry a Bersa Thunder .380 as my carry weapon, but we didn't have a .40 caliber handgun.

I'll be shooting it today; just wondering if others have tried one.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I had a bersa 45. and loved it but always wanted a glock and traded. Then traded the glock9mm for a 1911 45. I love this gun better than anything I've owned but the bersa is not far behind. Will never own less than a 45. again, maybe a 357 mag.

Post imported post

How much bigger it the .40 compared to the .380? And if you say ".02", I'll pistol whip ya.

I've thought about getting one as a pocket gun... The .380, at least.

If I can get a second at a similar size that uses the same ammo a gun I already have uses.... :celebrate
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    How much bigger it the .40 compared to the .380? And if you say ".02", I'll pistol whip ya.

If I can get a second at a similar size that uses the same ammo a gun I already have uses.... :celebrate
    The .40 is a little bigger, and noticeably heavier, but then my .380 carries 7+1 where the .40 carries 12+1. I'd carry the .380 IWB, but the .40, not so much.

My Bersa .380 is a great carry or pocket gun - almost as concealable as my North American Arms .22 derringer

Bersa makes a .380 CC weapon in addition to the standard Thunder .380. Slightly slimmer, with more compact sights.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    ...almost as concealable as my North American Arms .22 derringer
    Was that your "pocket knife" at last bbq?
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    Tess wrote:
    ...almost as concealable as my North American Arms .22 derringer
    Was that your "pocket knife" at last bbq?
    i'll admit, i was fooled...i thought it was a pocket knife!

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    AbNo wrote:

The .40 is a little bigger, and noticeably heavier, but then my .380 carries 7+1 where the .40 carries 12+1.* I'd carry the .380 IWB, but the .40, not so much.

My Bersa .380 is a great carry or pocket gun - almost as concealable as my North American Arms .22 derringer

Bersa makes a .380 CC weapon in addition to the standard Thunder .380.* Slightly slimmer, with more compact sights.
    Interesting.... Do you have any specific model numbers, so that I might do my own research?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo - check this page for the entire Bersa family; click on individuals for specs. You can then compare them to others.

I carry the .380 or the .40. I've had Trader Jerry looking for a .45 now for over six months; they're hard to find. He's been looking for spare mags for the .40 for nearly as long, and they haven't come in either.

http://bersachapterhouse.50webs.com/family.html

Post imported post

Tess, let me know where you get the hi cap magazines. My Firestorm carries the same magazine, but i can only find 10 rounders and they are crazy expensive. It's pretty much the same gun, and I've had it for the last 7 years with more than acceptable performance.

edit: never mind about the mag. I see Bersa changed things up recently and made the .40 a high cap pistol with a longer mag. The overall pistol seems to be the same, and their warranty is good too.