• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bersa Thunder .40

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I bought a Bersa Thunder .40 yesterday. Feels really good; ambidextrous, so lefty hubby can feel comfortable; 13-round magazine. Of course I complete purchase at about 4:45, bought a good (JBP, I love them) holster, but didn't have time to search fo replacement magazines. Have to order a few.

I wanted a .45, but no one had one.

Bought it more for the fun factor; I already carry a Bersa Thunder .380 as my carry weapon, but we didn't have a .40 caliber handgun.

I'll be shooting it today; just wondering if others have tried one.

djoem_2007

imported post

I had a bersa 45. and loved it but always wanted a glock and traded. Then traded the glock9mm for a 1911 45. I love this gun better than anything I've owned but the bersa is not far behind. Will never own less than a 45. again, maybe a 357 mag.

AbNo

imported post

How much bigger it the .40 compared to the .380? And if you say ".02", I'll pistol whip ya. :lol:

I've thought about getting one as a pocket gun... The .380, at least.

If I can get a second at a similar size that uses the same ammo a gun I already have uses.... :celebrate

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AbNo wrote:
How much bigger it the .40 compared to the .380? And if you say ".02", I'll pistol whip ya. :lol:

If I can get a second at a similar size that uses the same ammo a gun I already have uses.... :celebrate

The .40 is a little bigger, and noticeably heavier, but then my .380 carries 7+1 where the .40 carries 12+1. I'd carry the .380 IWB, but the .40, not so much.

My Bersa .380 is a great carry or pocket gun - almost as concealable as my North American Arms .22 derringer :D

Bersa makes a .380 CC weapon in addition to the standard Thunder .380. Slightly slimmer, with more compact sights.

AbNo

imported post

Tess wrote:
AbNo wrote:

The .40 is a little bigger, and noticeably heavier, but then my .380 carries 7+1 where the .40 carries 12+1.  I'd carry the .380 IWB, but the .40, not so much.

My Bersa .380 is a great carry or pocket gun - almost as concealable as my North American Arms .22 derringer :D

Bersa makes a .380 CC weapon in addition to the standard Thunder .380.  Slightly slimmer, with more compact sights.

Interesting.... Do you have any specific model numbers, so that I might do my own research?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AbNo - check this page for the entire Bersa family; click on individuals for specs. You can then compare them to others.

I carry the .380 or the .40. I've had Trader Jerry looking for a .45 now for over six months; they're hard to find. He's been looking for spare mags for the .40 for nearly as long, and they haven't come in either.

http://bersachapterhouse.50webs.com/family.html

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Tess, let me know where you get the hi cap magazines. My Firestorm carries the same magazine, but i can only find 10 rounders and they are crazy expensive. It's pretty much the same gun, and I've had it for the last 7 years with more than acceptable performance.

edit: never mind about the mag. I see Bersa changed things up recently and made the .40 a high cap pistol with a longer mag. The overall pistol seems to be the same, and their warranty is good too.