• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next NoVA OC Meetup

cREbralFIX

imported post

When do you want to have the next OC dinner? Where?

I heard the Red Fox Inn in Haymarket was OC friendly; is that a good restaurant? Would people be interested in meeting up there?

VAspringer

imported post

With all the bad publicity for gun owners in Haymarket, why would you consider spending money or supporting the Haymarkey economy? Consider supporting local and statewide localities and businesses that are gun friendly. :banghead:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Someone told me Amphora in Vienna is gun-friendly. I've been in there with a group of 15 non-carriers and they easily made room. It's a different area of the county than we've been heading for.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'm thinking weekends are better, like Saturday or Sunday works for more people, but around the weekend of 15-17 is good. I wouldn't mind going back to Hard Times in Woodbridge again. Maybe we can work something out with Chiliman for getting the restaurant ban overturned too.

hirundo82

imported post

If you make it the 16th or 17th I may be able to make it. I'll be back in VA for Christmas break from late on the 15th to the 29th. Actually, any time within that period would work for me.

longwatch

imported post

I've carried at Amphora, food's ok but the service left a lot to be desired, but that was late in the evening.

cREbralFIX

imported post

So we're looking at Amphora Restaurant in Vienna, VA on December 15th?

7 pm?

Tomahawk

imported post

Most of December's looking bad for me, especially the 15th. If/when there's a VCDL meeting this month I will hope to see yall at Fuddrucker's, maybe, but I can't promise that, even. Work + holidays = :(

darrel_h

imported post

Friday 12/15 @ 1900? Sounds good to me, I will definitely try to make it to this one. I know I missed the last 1 or 2. Weekends just aren't good for me. And unfortunately I won't be making it to the VCDL meeting either as I have to work the late shift that night. But I will try to make it to the meetup. I've never been to Amphora's so could someone please let me know what the food's like? Thanks.

longwatch

imported post

Its Greek/American food, basically pretty much your typical family restaurant menu.

VAopencarry

imported post

Sure thing firearms 101. We have had a Marylander at NOVA get together's before. I escaped from Maryland about 1 year ago.

firearms_101

imported post

That sounds great! I have lived in VA forever until moving to MD about 5-6 years ago and can't wait to get back there! So is the 15th confirmed or will it be over that weekend? If it's the 15th I will not be able to attend because I have to run my bar that evening. :cry: