• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairfax County County hearing on gun ban proposal online now!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

See [url]http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cable/channel16/vod.htm[/url]

Click on "Public Hearings" under "November 20, 2006 - Full Session" and move video tab to time hack 1:53:00.

There are 5 VCDL.org member speakers, separated a bot by only a few other speakers.

As you can see, only this agenda item drew a specific citizen response.

Listen to Supervisor McConnell (R-Springfield) say police were killed "because someone carried a gun into a police station!"

Listen to Chairman Connolly (D) repeatedly say that this legislation is being requested by:

1. The Fairfax County Chief of Police.

2. The Fairfax County police officers' union(s).

3. The Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police.

What this is all about is to ban citizen gun carry and create victim disarmement zones in the County government buildings that have a police station in the back, and publi cmeeting rooms in thefront.

if this passes, VCDL will no lonmger be able to have meetings in the Mason government Center!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi, All. Click the link and follow Mike's time hack. It isall about whatMike and other folks are doing for all of us. Taking their time to work for those of us Law Abiding Citizens that believe in the right to carry openly, or otherwise.

Mike. THANKS so much for the link. You did great. Russ Troxelwas most impresive with his insight and the fact that he spoke for VCDL. Russ gets an A+ on his homework, too. He hit all the points on the head. Elaine McConnel was, well... She was "worried" about citizens carrying "guns" at the Police Station, where she and other members of the board are present at times. What about places she (and the others) may frequent - Grocery, cleaners, hardware store, sitting at a traffic light, etc., where the police are not present. I felt that was a really lame excuse. Rant over:banghead:... What is our next step, as citizens of FX.Co. and the Commonwealth?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

We should fill their email boxes with complaints and urge them to drop this legislative request. The record is still open for public comment before they vote next week. OK might not change anything but it would make me feel good to yell at the 'deciders' a bit.

XD Owner

imported post

What about Virginia's pre-emption law? How do they get around that, or will FFX County be in violation of state law?

longwatch

imported post

This item was on their legislative agenda, which is a request for legislative activity at the General Assembly. Basically they are asking for a bill to enact a law banning carry on police property or give localities the power to do so. It is to early for prefiling of legislation so we can't say what the bill will say or if in fact there will be one. They are making their declaration of intent and we are drawing the line in the sand.

Edit to add: Dangit Mike you beat me by one minute.

longwatch

imported post

Well in a roundabout way it comes from Mike, its based on what we talked about after the meeting last night.

exceltoexcel

imported post

okay I clicked the link and found nothing at 1:53 on this Nevermind found it sorry