Thread: Gold Star State

Post imported post

Looks like with the passage of HB 347 next week, statewide OC preemption might be here in OH!

According to ohioccw.org the following will happen with HB 347: remove the requirement to open carry in a motor vehicle, allow for statewide preemption of local firearms laws (requiring instead that all gun laws be made only at the state level)

I havn't found where it say this in the bill however.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Good luck - you had all better be calling your legislators to make sure this happens.

Post imported post

Mike, may I take it that from the "Gold Star State" title of this thread, that Ohio should qualify thus if complete State pre-emption is achieved?

If so, let us hope that the car carry poison pill's demise is accepted by LEOs.I seem to recall that this nonsense was inserted to appease the OSP, and let us hope that they get the appropriate training!

TrueBrit.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Well, a "car ban" on concealed carry makes no sense but it does not stand in the way of OCDO Gold Star State status - and neither does the VA restaurant ban.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Actually, Mike, even if 347 where to pass it would still be a situation like PA and WA, where you can't carry a loaded handgun in your car without a CHL.