• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gold Star State

reefteach

imported post

Looks like with the passage of HB 347 next week, statewide OC preemption might be here in OH!

According to ohioccw.org the following will happen with HB 347: remove the requirement to open carry in a motor vehicle, allow for statewide preemption of local firearms laws (requiring instead that all gun laws be made only at the state level)

I havn't found where it say this in the bill however.

TrueBrit

imported post

Mike, may I take it that from the "Gold Star State" title of this thread, that Ohio should qualify thus if complete State pre-emption is achieved?

If so, let us hope that the car carry poison pill's demise is accepted by LEOs.I seem to recall that this nonsense was inserted to appease the OSP, and let us hope that they get the appropriate training!

TrueBrit.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Well, a "car ban" on concealed carry makes no sense but it does not stand in the way of OCDO Gold Star State status - and neither does the VA restaurant ban.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Actually, Mike, even if 347 where to pass it would still be a situation like PA and WA, where you can't carry a loaded handgun in your car without a CHL.