Thread: Issues with thigh rigs?

Post imported post

My blackhawk thigh rig has been giving me nothing but problems since I got it. It's not one of the "serpa" rigs, just a standard thumb break one with a button strap and a velcro one over that. The two straps that go around the leg feel fine (I actually make them tighter so theywouldn't ride down) when I first put them on, then they ride down and down while im walking, and get really loose. This makes the rig pull down more on the belt, and it starts to wobble around when I walk because the leg straps are now loose.

Is it just me, or is this maybe the reason why the rig was half off?

Post imported post

I can't speak for other models, but I love my Safariland model 6004. It's mostly my "working in the yard" holster, but I've worn it shopping also - just not on black Friday. It was a bit pricey ($100+), but I have no complaints of any kind - comfort, retention, etc.

Post imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
    My blackhawk thigh rig has been giving me nothing but problems since I got it. It's not one of the "serpa" rigs, just a standard thumb break one with a button strap and a velcro one over that. The two straps that go around the leg feel fine (I actually make them tighter so theywouldn't ride down) when I first put them on, then they ride down and down while im walking, and get really loose. This makes the rig pull down more on the belt, and it starts to wobble around when I walk because the leg straps are now loose.

Is it just me, or is this maybe the reason why the rig was half off?
    Exactly why I don't like them.