• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Issues with thigh rigs?

mercutio545

imported post

My blackhawk thigh rig has been giving me nothing but problems since I got it. It's not one of the "serpa" rigs, just a standard thumb break one with a button strap and a velcro one over that. The two straps that go around the leg feel fine (I actually make them tighter so theywouldn't ride down) when I first put them on, then they ride down and down while im walking, and get really loose. This makes the rig pull down more on the belt, and it starts to wobble around when I walk because the leg straps are now loose.

Is it just me, or is this maybe the reason why the rig was half off?

jimwyant

imported post

I can't speak for other models, but I love my Safariland model 6004. It's mostly my "working in the yard" holster, but I've worn it shopping also - just not on black Friday. It was a bit pricey ($100+), but I have no complaints of any kind - comfort, retention, etc.
6004.jpg

cs9c1

imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
My blackhawk thigh rig has been giving me nothing but problems since I got it. It's not one of the "serpa" rigs, just a standard thumb break one with a button strap and a velcro one over that. The two straps that go around the leg feel fine (I actually make them tighter so theywouldn't ride down) when I first put them on, then they ride down and down while im walking, and get really loose. This makes the rig pull down more on the belt, and it starts to wobble around when I walk because the leg straps are now loose.

Is it just me, or is this maybe the reason why the rig was half off?
Exactly why I don't like them.