• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

December Richmond Fellowship Meeting

mercutio545

imported post

Well if a lot of people can't makea certain date, can't there be another one worked out?

cs9c1

imported post

jimwyant wrote:
OK, I'll start the thread for December, even though the third Tuesday is the 16th, and I'm stuck working. Any suggestions for a location?
Pick another day, and I will do all I can to make it. The military is trying to bleed me dry before I retire, but hopefully I can get there this month. As for a suggestion on a location, any place with good food.:D

jimwyant

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
jimwyant wrote:
OK, I'll start the thread for December, even though the third Tuesday is the 16th, and I'm stuck working. Any suggestions for a location?
Pick another day, and I will do all I can to make it. The military is trying to bleed me dry before I retire, but hopefully I can get there this month. As for a suggestion on a location, any place with good food.:D
I can do Thursday of that same week - the 18th. The October meeting was at the Chilis near the Short Pump Town Center at 7PM. Since only livitup and hlh + family made it, I'm OK with that, or we can move it back to the south side where our first (and most successful so far) meeting was.

Sorry they're working you so hard, cs9c1. Six more months, unless they find some excuse not to discharge you on time.

edit: The November meeting location was never chosen, and the Chilis I mentioned was the site of the October meeting. I edited the post to reflect this.

mercutio545

imported post

I think we should make a "voting" thread with a few select dates (having a bunch of them will spread votes out too much) and whatever dates have the most votes is the one we meet. Seems like the most democratic way to do it, and it would draw out the most people.

jimwyant

imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
I think we should make a "voting" thread with a few select dates (having a bunch of them will spread votes out too much) and whatever dates have the most votes is the one we meet. Seems like the most democratic way to do it, and it would draw out the most people.
I tried that for September, and we got six total votes. In the end, only two people made it, but we can give it another shot and see what happens. I was unable to make September or October, and November was cancelled, so I'd really like to make this one. Even if I can't make it, I'd like for more than two people to be able to attend. Anyone up to picking out a few dates and starting another thread?

ballester

imported post

I would love to go anytime really...i was on my way to chili's when i got in a car accident so knocking on wood...i will be there where ever it is...southside midlothian area is best but with 288 anywhere is cool.

cs9c1

imported post

hlh wrote:
Is my calendar different than everyone else? I show 12/18 as a Monday? Not a Thursday? :question:
You would be correct! I was just going with the flow, due to having no clue if I will be free until the time comes (I hate my job). Just pick a date, time, and location, and if I can, I will be there!!! The 21st is the 3rd Thursday according to my calendar, any thoughts?

jimwyant

imported post

OK, I'm the dumbass, but it isn't all my fault. I was looking at the four-month dry erase calendar at work in the part that was labeled December. After looking at the dates and comparing them to a real calendar, I found that "December" is really "January":uhoh:, and I have since corrected the board. I am very sorry for the confusion that was caused. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am not scheduled to work Thursday, the 21st, although I do have to work Tuesday, the 19th. I will refrain from further posts in this thread, for fear of again embarrassing myself. Pick a day, time and location, and I will be there if I can.