Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: December tidewater get together

Post imported post

Just wanted everyone to know at the last get together it was decided to meet in hampton on the 2nd thursday of december, the 14th.We had a good time last month, hope to see more people this time,any suggestions on resturants?

kimbercarrier

Desertdoc

Post imported post

you know i have been meaning to write something about it for the last couple of days. Who is planning on attending? WE need a place so if someone knows of a good place to meet up in that area info would be helpful.

Post imported post

I plan on attending, and I'll give some thought as to where we might meet. There have been some posts from a number of other peninsula folks on recent threads, so if you're still out there, it would be great if you could come up with some suggestions too.

I'm not a traveling OC gourmand like Longwatch , but there have to be some decent places in the Hampton area that would be easy for our Southside members to get to.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I will be there as well. Im sorry I havent been to the last couple, but I had a private pilot class that met on tues and thurs. Its over now so I will be there.

Post imported post

There are a bunch of restaurants on Jefferson Ave by Patrick Henry Mall...Cheddar's being one with decent food (at least the couple times I have been there), not sure about their policies on firearms though.

Post imported post

Cheddars is OK. Patrick Henry Mall also has an Outback Steakhouse. I don't know any firearm "policy"for any local restaurant, and you all know if we ask, there's likely to be the knee-jerk "no". On Victory Blvd, just off the interstate, there is an Uno's and across from that, a Texas Road House and a Ruby Tuesdays. Further up Jefferson from Patrick Henry there is a Rockola Cafe with pretty good food. In Hampton there is a Bennigan's at the entrance to the Coliseum Mall, and some restaurant at the entrance to the Bass Pro Shop parking lot (another Texas Road House, I think?). These are both just off the interstate, so conveninet from Southside.

Post imported post

I am 95% sure I will make this meet. I am going to Chili’s in Hampton today for lunch, I will see if they are friendly.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I vote Texas Roadhouse. Oh, and dont call anyone asking permission, dont ask, dont tell.

Desertdoc

Post imported post

I 2nd that. No more phone calls warning the place that we are going to be armed. I like the idea that we call and reserve a table if there is a crowd is large enough, but no reason to give them every detail. Surprise is good for thesoulevery once an awhile. We need a meet up place. This is right around the corner.

Post imported post

Hey gang -- I am new to the board. I lurked for a while and decided to join whena particular topic hit home. I am replying here because I live in Culpeper and was curious if any of these dinner / meetings happen somewhere in this area. I also shoot at Clark brothers almost weekly. Does anyone frequent that range?

Thanks

DeadCenter

Post imported post

Texas Roadhouse works for me. If we get hassled, there's always Uno's or Ruby Tuesday within a few hundred yards.

Post imported post

Dead Center,
    Check out the thread on "Next NoVA OC meetup". The northern VA group would be closest to you (though anyone is welcome to come to ours!)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Woo Hoo, Texas Roadhouse

Post imported post

What time do we meet up?

Desertdoc

Post imported post

7:00 has been the normal time.Does anyone have an address to the place? I look forward to seeing all of you this month.

Post imported post

ATM I don't get off work until 8pm. I will try my best to show up.

Post imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
    7:00 has been the normal time.Does anyone have an address to the place? I look forward to seeing all of you this month.
    109 Cybernetics Way
    Yorktown, VA 23693

Take exit 256B from I-64 towards Victory Blvd. I believe take a left @ the second traffic light.

Post imported post

Break Break....Seems to be some confusion....which Texas Roadhouse....DutchUncle originally references the one in Hampton and in York County....but he later says there is a Ruby Tuesday's and Unos nearby which would be the one in York County. Just want to make sure that if I can make it, I don't end up eating by myself

Post imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
    Break Break....Seems to be some confusion....which Texas Roadhouse....DutchUncle originally references the one in Hampton and in York County....but he later says there is a Ruby Tuesday's and Unos nearby which would be the one in York County. Just want to make sure that if I can make it, I don't end up eating by myself
    The one in Hampton is a Texas Steakhouse. I had to do a double-take to make sureI got the right address.

Post imported post

Strong Copy Now its a matter of getting there.

Post imported post

I'll be there. Confirmation-- 7:00 PM, Texas Roadhouse, 109 Cybernetics Way
    Yorktown, VA 23693.

Post imported post

Poo. I thought it was the one in Hampton. Funny thing is, there IS a Ruby Tuesday near the Hampton Texas Roadhouseclose by aswell.

Post imported post

Update: My younger doughter wanted to go out for dinner last night and suggested Texas Roadhouse. The food was pretty good, I thought, and the menu fairly diverse for a steakhouse. They claim fresh bread is baked every 5 minutes, and they present each table with a sampler of their typical sauces and side orders. My daughter enjoyed the experience.

I spoke with the manager and said a group of us planned to be there on the 14th. The largest tables seat 6, and they don't actually take reservations, but they have a "call ahead" system. I can call about 1/2 hour before arrival so they can minimize the wait for us and try to get us in adjacent tables. I don't know if he or any of the other waitstaff (or patrons) saw that I was carrying, but in any event there was no general pandemoneum, no screams, swoons or loss of bowel/bladder control. I suspect we'll have a pleasant dinner there. If I'm going to call ahead, I'd appreciate it if everyone planning to go would come back to this thread on the 14th and confirm.

Post imported post

Thanks Dutch

Post imported post

I have every intention of being there on the 14th..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast