• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

December tidewater get together

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just wanted everyone to know at the last get together it was decided to meet in hampton on the 2nd thursday of december, the 14th.We had a good time last month, hope to see more people this time,any suggestions on resturants?

kimbercarrier:cool:

D

Desertdoc

imported post

you know i have been meaning to write something about it for the last couple of days. Who is planning on attending? WE need a place so if someone knows of a good place to meet up in that area info would be helpful.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I plan on attending, and I'll give some thought as to where we might meet. There have been some posts from a number of other peninsula folks on recent threads, so if you're still out there, it would be great if you could come up with some suggestions too.

I'm not a traveling OC gourmand like Longwatch ;), but there have to be some decent places in the Hampton area that would be easy for our Southside members to get to.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will be there as well. Im sorry I havent been to the last couple, but I had a private pilot class that met on tues and thurs. Its over now so I will be there.

JacquisPoni

imported post

There are a bunch of restaurants on Jefferson Ave by Patrick Henry Mall...Cheddar's being one with decent food (at least the couple times I have been there), not sure about their policies on firearms though.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cheddars is OK. Patrick Henry Mall also has an Outback Steakhouse. I don't know any firearm "policy"for any local restaurant, and you all know if we ask, there's likely to be the knee-jerk "no". On Victory Blvd, just off the interstate, there is an Uno's and across from that, a Texas Road House and a Ruby Tuesdays. Further up Jefferson from Patrick Henry there is a Rockola Cafe with pretty good food. In Hampton there is a Bennigan's at the entrance to the Coliseum Mall, and some restaurant at the entrance to the Bass Pro Shop parking lot (another Texas Road House, I think?). These are both just off the interstate, so conveninet from Southside.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

I 2nd that. No more phone calls warning the place that we are going to be armed. I like the idea that we call and reserve a table if there is a crowd is large enough, but no reason to give them every detail. :) Surprise is good for thesoulevery once an awhile. We need a meet up place. This is right around the corner.

DeadCenter

imported post

Hey gang -- I am new to the board. I lurked for a while and decided to join whena particular topic hit home. I am replying here because I live in Culpeper and was curious if any of these dinner / meetings happen somewhere in this area. I also shoot at Clark brothers almost weekly. Does anyone frequent that range?

Thanks

DeadCenter

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Texas Roadhouse works for me. If we get hassled, there's always Uno's or Ruby Tuesday within a few hundred yards.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dead Center,
Check out the thread on "Next NoVA OC meetup". The northern VA group would be closest to you (though anyone is welcome to come to ours!)

D

Desertdoc

imported post

7:00 has been the normal time.Does anyone have an address to the place? I look forward to seeing all of you this month.

navy_sparky

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
7:00 has been the normal time.Does anyone have an address to the place? I look forward to seeing all of you this month.

109 Cybernetics Way
Yorktown, VA 23693

Take exit 256B from I-64 towards Victory Blvd. I believe take a left @ the second traffic light.

bayboy42

imported post

Break Break....Seems to be some confusion....which Texas Roadhouse....DutchUncle originally references the one in Hampton and in York County....but he later says there is a Ruby Tuesday's and Unos nearby which would be the one in York County. Just want to make sure that if I can make it, I don't end up eating by myself :banghead:

navy_sparky

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
Break Break....Seems to be some confusion....which Texas Roadhouse....DutchUncle originally references the one in Hampton and in York County....but he later says there is a Ruby Tuesday's and Unos nearby which would be the one in York County. Just want to make sure that if I can make it, I don't end up eating by myself :banghead:
The one in Hampton is a Texas Steakhouse. I had to do a double-take to make sureI got the right address.