• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

December tidewater get together

danbus

imported post

Poo. I thought it was the one in Hampton. Funny thing is, there IS a Ruby Tuesday near the Hampton Texas Roadhouseclose by aswell.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Update: My younger doughter wanted to go out for dinner last night and suggested Texas Roadhouse. The food was pretty good, I thought, and the menu fairly diverse for a steakhouse. They claim fresh bread is baked every 5 minutes, and they present each table with a sampler of their typical sauces and side orders. My daughter enjoyed the experience.

I spoke with the manager and said a group of us planned to be there on the 14th. The largest tables seat 6, and they don't actually take reservations, but they have a "call ahead" system. I can call about 1/2 hour before arrival so they can minimize the wait for us and try to get us in adjacent tables. I don't know if he or any of the other waitstaff (or patrons) saw that I was carrying, but in any event there was no general pandemoneum, no screams, swoons or loss of bowel/bladder control. I suspect we'll have a pleasant dinner there. If I'm going to call ahead, I'd appreciate it if everyone planning to go would come back to this thread on the 14th and confirm.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Umm I will be there... but then again.. i havent missed one yet... :)

D

Desertdoc

imported post

WE always meet up in the parking lot first. Dutch you live out in that area... could you find a spot for us to all meet up at?

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The main part of the parking lot is behind the restaurant (and you get into the lot from behind the restaurant). We could meet close to the back wall of the place a little before 7 to give the stragglers some time.

Direction: On 64 west, take exit 256B onto Rt 171. At the 2nd stop light, take a left onto Kiln Creek Blvd, then take the next left onto Cybernetics Way. The 3rd entrance on the left (past the Marriott driveway) is the way into the restaurant lot. I'll be there with a VCDL cap and a black leather jacket.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

If it gets any colder i will be there with my VCDL hat and a freaking snow suit!

MSgt B

imported post

I'm working swings (Langley) but I will try to get someone to cover for me.

I have picked up "to go" orders from the Victory Blvd Texas Roadhouse while OCing without any trouble, never sat down to a meal with it hanging out though.

I will ask the wife and kids if they want to go too.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout tomorrow! Here is a list of those who have indicated they are coming:

Desertdoc
Kimbercarrier
JacquisPoni
Reverend73
NavySparky
Danbus
Bayboy42
Taclead
cdunlop
PackininVB
MsgtB

Rather than ask everybody to confirm tomorrow, I'd like y'all to get back to me only if you are NOT coming or if you will be bringing others with you. I need a fairly close estimate to give to the manager so they can be ready for the influx. It looks like at least 2 tables at this point. This may beat our previous record turnout of 11!

bayboy42

imported post

Just checking since Dutch Uncle stated:

Posted: Tue Dec 12th, 2006 07:16 pm

Looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout tomorrow! Here is a list of those who have indicated they are coming:

JacquisPoni

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Just wanted everyone to know at the last get together it was decided to meet in hampton on the 2nd thursday of december, the 14th.We had a good time last month, hope to see more people this time,any suggestions on resturants?

kimbercarrier:cool:
This was the first post. I would hate to miss it, I enjoyed my first one last month and looks like this one will be good