• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Individual RKBA

AbNo

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I will have to look for the federal law defining militias.  I just don't recall where or when I saw that and I am not even sure I remember it correctly, but I am sure that if I am correctly remembering, it was a federal law, not any state's.

Um, my posting of Virginia's law was an addon to my posting of the federal law.

AbNo wrote:
I'll see your Second Amendment, and raise you a Chapter 13, § 311.

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AbNo wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
I will have to look for the federal law defining militias. I just don't recall where or when I saw that and I am not even sure I remember it correctly, but I am sure that if I am correctly remembering, it was a federal law, not any state's.

Um, my posting of Virginia's law was an addon to my posting of the federal law.

AbNo wrote:
I'll see your Second Amendment, and raise you a Chapter 13, § 311.

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html
Sorry! I understood what you meant, I just misread what you posted if that makes sense. Been very stressed and tired of late and not thinking to quickly all the time.

That must be the code I was thinking of under which all males, 17-45 are members of the unorganized militia if not already serving. I'm just not focused tonight.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AbNo wrote:
DD, I've been up for 30 hours.

You have nothing on me. ;)
You're right. I haven't stayed up for that long straight in a while and I hope I don't have to in the forseeable future. But then I'm not getting any younger. :cool:

Deanimator

imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
Doug Pennington, a lifelong Cincinnati resident, moved to Washington in June to work for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. This column reflects his personal views.

No need to read any further. Registration isn't required for cars either unless you wish to drive to them on public roads. Also, I didn't read the right to keep and drive cars in Constitution.

US vs Miller basically said weapon Miller owned wasn't used by military therefore the government should be able to regulate it. Had Miller or legal counsel actually shown up to court, he could have easily shown that WWI units used sawed off shotguns in trench fighting and probably won his case. The fact the lower court laughed US atty out of room when he brought his case before the judge is extremely telling.

How is this Mr. Pennington? You move to Washington DC proper (live in the city) and let me know how that glorious gun-free city is doing? Remember, give the criminal want he wants, don't resist and ponder how glorious it is to be gun free.
He needs to tell everybody about the organization The National Coalition to Ban Automobiles... wait, it's never existed. But the National Coalition to Ban Handguns HAS.