• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Golfing and OC

darrel_h

imported post

I have recently taken up golfing and was wondering if anyone, in the Nova area, has ever OC'd while golfing or if they know of any particular places, driving ranges or courses, that are pro or anti. I went to Burke's this past weekend and cc'd, just to be on the safe side. I am a beginner so I'm not sure if it would even be too uncomfortable to oc while playing, and I'm sure a few will voice their opinions (which are fully welcome). Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I can't speak to private country clubs but as Fairfax County public parks are preempted from restrictions I can't see any problem with OC at those locations.

VApatriot

imported post

darrel_h wrote:
I went to Burke's this past weekend and cc'd, just to be on the safe side.
By "Burke" I assume you are talking about theBurke Lake golf course. If this is true, you don't have to worry about them being anti-gun becausetheyare run by Fairfax County and therefore subject to the same parks preemption laws.

*Whoops! Longwatch beat me to postingagain.:)

darrel_h

imported post

Yes I did mean Burke Lake. That is good to know as I will probably be going there quite often, when it warms up :uhoh:. I think it's a good place for a beginner to play, and it's relatively cheap. Out of curiousity, has anyone on here ever oc'd at a golf course? Thanks Longwatch and Patriot.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I haven't golfed since the Kennedy administration:what:, but I'd suggest something thats not too heavy or bulky. It'll put you off balance and ruin your swing. Of course, if you wore a .45' on each hip.........

VAspringer

imported post

I have never OC'd while playing golf.....to cumbersome and affects the swing.

I often CC while golfing. I find the inside pocket of a vest or jacket works well for my small S&W 357. Give that a try...... or a strategically placed holster in your golf bag would also be a consideration.

darrel_h

imported post

my current cc rig is perfect. I have a slim weapon (Steyr M9) that fits snug in my IWB custom leather holster. More often than not it's actually more comfortable for me to cc than oc. but I still oc whenever I can now. I need to get a new golf bag and cart so when I do I will probably investigate setting something up on it. I figure I've got a few months now before it'll be golfing weather again. I will probably try oc'ing at least once, just to see how it feels. I carry more towards my backside anyways, so it might not be a problem. thanks everyone for your info.