• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

December Postal Match

bayboy42

imported post

Sorry for the delay...without further adue, below are the details regarding the December Postal Match (and another thanks to Longwatch for initiating this great idea).

Rules: Contestants may enter multiple times but must use a different weapon for each set of targets.
Weapons: Your open carry weapon, but the same weapon must be used for both courses of fire. This means just about any weapon, however if you use a rifle or PLR-16 or something reasonably implausible you must submit proof that you open carry it in public i.e. a picture of you carrying it outdoors and not at the range or hunting. This will be shared with the forum.
Ammunition: Any except birdshot shotshells but a plus 1 point overall bonus for using your previously stated defensive carry ammunition. The same ammunition must be used for both courses of fire.
Course of fire:

Stage 1: Splitting Hares
Target: http://www.targetz.com/targetz-lib/20011.pdf
Range:10 yards
Rounds fired: 3

Shoot the Bull's Eye without splitting the hare! Each shot within the red circle will count as one point. Shotshitting the rabbit result inDQ. You may only fire3 shots on this target.

Stage 2: Jackpot
Target: http://www.targetz.com/targetz-lib/20017.pdf
Range: 5 yards
Rounds fired: 12
Connect three like items in each of the 4 slot machine reels to strike it rich. Any more than12 shots on the target and it will be DQ'd.

Scoring: Maximum possible score for this match is 16. In the event of a tie, first submitter wins.

Submission: Email a scan or a clear life sized picture of your target to bayboy1@cox.net. Targets must have name, weapon, and ammunition type printed on them. Deadline is 12 noonDecember 30th.

Good luck please let me know if you have any questions.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Another toughie. I'm going to enjoy this.

Maybe I'll see how well I shoot my new .40 on it before deciding whether to replace my 9mm carry weapon. Been thinking keep the 9mm for CC and the .40 for OC......

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

This is going to be fun. I just got to figure out a way to compete with Lockmans .41 magnum. Might have to break out my Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum.

molonlabetn

imported post

I'm going to actually try to follow through on this one... The whole wedding/honeymoon thing these last few weeks really threw a monkey-wrench into my range time when I tried to participate in the last one, heh!

Thanks!

molonlabetn

bayboy42

imported post

Well its December 27th and nobody has e-mailed me any targets yet? Was Santa mean to everyone and brought coal instead of carry ammo? :D Maybe this will help jog some peoples memories!!!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We were just talking about this this morning. Promised ourselves range time this week.

bayboy42

imported post

I for some reason didn't realize that there were 31 Days in December so I'm extending the deadline until 8:00 PM on Sunday 31 Dec 06. That gives people the weekend to give it a whirl!!!!

DeadCenter

imported post

Badboy42 --- Gave this a shot today. Not as easy as one would think. Sorry to say I will hold my targets and chalk it up as practice. Good luck to everyone else. I found it really tough.

Catch ya on the next one.

Thanks

DC

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Deadcenter - might want to send them anyway. I reviewed those when they came out, and frankly I'm going to have to bust butt not to DQ on the hares.

But I suspect most will have that much difficulty.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

bayboy, Target on the way!

Yes I did say target not targets! I did not wan't a possible YouTube moment happening with my attempt at the bunny ears!:lol:

I used a semi-auto so I can blend in with the heard.

Good luck all.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What a day. Good thing a bad day at the range is better than a good day elsewhere.

All I can say is I better never be attacked by a postal match target. I was actually doing very well today, with both the 380 and the .40, until I put the postal match targets up. DQ'd on the first attempt at the hare (but my 4th, 5th and 6th shots were GREAT!). Shot silhouette a bit more, then put up another set. DQd on that one too.

By the time I got to the second set of targets, I was tired, and the slot machine kicked my butt. I got several shots right on target (tee hee), but MOST were not.

Guess I'll have to try again in January.

DeadCenter

imported post

What a day. Good thing a bad day at the range is better than a good day elsewhere.

Yup -- Much harder than I expected as well. Had a friend try it -- Same difficulty. Put up a standard target at 7.5 yards and both of us canhit in and around the center. Or at least we have in the past. Used the same gun here same ammo. Got smoked by the hare on more than one try. Got a few in the slots. Same goes for the friend. I think a big difference may have been the range we did this at. Although I shoot there often. Itisoutside in a grassy field with uneven footing. When before I was at Clark's on floorboards shooting straight in front of me. Could have something to do with it?????

DC

Mtn Jack

imported post

Bayboy are you going to have any more matches? if so i am in, icould help out if you need any help. I also have a range here in Pa if anyone is interested. Mtn Jack :lol: