Thread: Need Help Buying a Gun

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm looking for info about Taurus' concealed carry revolvers. The model I am interested in buying istheirCIA--Carry It Anywhere.

I'm interested in the hammerless version. However, the hammerless one I handled at a firearms dealer had a very heavy trigger pull weight.They should have supplied a towing hitch and an F150. I know what I'm talking about here. Ifrequently dry-fire my PT-92in DAbecauseIcarry it hammer-down.ThePT-92 trigger is significantly lighter in DA than this DA-only revolver.

I have one verbal reportthat they are made under license from S&W and are very similar to a J-frame. And that a gunsmith can lighten the pull weight.

I've owneda fewrecreational SA revolvers over the years. And have had an auto for self-defense. What I'm lacking is experience with small-frame DAOrevolvers.

Anyinfo would be appreciated.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I don't have one, so take this for what it cost you. :P

It could be having a hard pull due to:

Unfired condition - every part istight and needs to be broken in.

Different grip style than a PT-92 so the muscles would work harder/differently.

You are also turning the cylinder when you pull the trigger.

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

I thought the PT-92 was the taurus rip-off of the beretta 92FS?

Post imported post

I believe Taurus first started with some of S&W's old machinery. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of Taurus guns are copies of other manufacturers' such as Beretta and S&W, but I think they are good quality. I have nothing again Taurus.