• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Posting On Packing.org (Erie County)

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.packing.org/community/general/listview/18887

Specifically:

"Steve, This office has dealt with people who have carried openly and have
caused havoc with police agencies. This cause what I call and other agencies
a panic situation which results in some cases weapons were take off the
individual and license were
pull.Police in some cases drawed there side arm and it is a bad situation
all way round. You started your second sentence in your letter by saying I
am licensed to carry concealed firearm's my suggestion is to
keep it that way. Please feel free to contact me at any time (814)-------
or cell (814)XXX-XXXX SGT. AMENDOLA FIREARMS DIV.
Thank You Steve for E-Mail"

I've already contacted Sgt. Amendola and asked for an email address. I plan to send him a copy of the Hawkins and Ortiz rulings.

If you do go to the Packing.org site and decide to call, keep in mind that the call is being recorded on the other end. He stated that open carry=license revocation, and that any store owner will be panicked by the sight of open carry.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Just an FYI:

I have sent an email to Sgt. Amendola directly, linking and quoting both Hawkins and Ortiz. Once I have received a response, I will post the response along with my original letter, which may be good for taking on Philadelphia down the line.

I would recommend not calling him, as I stated, because the call is being recorded. I had to ask for his direct email address FIVE TIMES before he would give it, he was quite defensive the entire time, and despite telling him once or twice that the email he responded to on open carry was publically posted, he still thought that the email was sent to more than just a recipient, which I had to explain two more times that it was posted on public site that I frequent.

If Amendola doesn't change his tune, then I will send a CMRRR direct to the Sheriff. I have also cc'd Mike on the email I sent to Amendola, and I expect he will have something to say on the whole situation soon.

-Lonnie Wilson