• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomie at it again, suing more Va gun shops

darrel_h

imported post

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&pid=0&sid=999108&page=2

Found this on the WTOP website this morning. I haven't seen it on here yet so I figured I'd post it. It sounds like this is a round 2 to Bloomie's straw purchase accusations, but I'm not 100% positive, hopefully someone can clear that up for me. Otherwise, I'm not gonna comment on the article, I think it speaks for itself. I will say this though, it's not as leftist as I would have expected. Enjoy :banghead:

badmonkey

imported post

Why not sue the people buying the guns? The shops are just easier to find. This would be like Bloomie suing mc'ds because there are so many fat people in NY. They should've known better than to make fattening foods avaliable to people who have no self control when eating them. :uhoh: Logic people, please, that's all I ask. If I own a business and someone wants to buy a large quantity of ANYTHING, guns, ammo, hamburgers, lumber, baseball bats, hamsters, or those giant foam fingers people wave around at sporting events, if they have the money, I am going to sell it to them, period. That's why I would be in business after all! After they leave THEY are responsible for what they do with it, not me. Just my 0.02.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, I heard that. I agree with badmonkey. Go after the buyers, but since NY wants to put the shops out of business, why bother. Unreal...

VAopencarry

imported post

badmonkey wrote:
This would be like Bloomie suing mc'ds because there are so many fat people in NY. They should've known better than to make fattening foods avaliable to people who have no self control when eating them. :uhoh: If I own a business and someone wants to buy a large quantity of ANYTHING, guns, ammo, hamburgers, lumber, baseball bats, hamsters, or those giant foam fingers people wave around at sporting events, if they have the money, I am going to sell it to them, period. That's why I would be in business after all! After they leave THEY are responsible for what they do with it, not me. Just my 0.02.
badmonkey, they have already started heading down that road, making trans fat oils illegal to be used in restraunts.

NY is against freedom

badmonkey

imported post

Oh my gosh. They are serious aren't they? I was saying this as a joke. Wow. That's all I can say is wow. I think I'll be staying away from PRNY from now on. I might get stuck there, they would probably take away my right to leave the Republic once I got there. Geez....:(

VAopencarry

imported post

It won't be long before other places follow suit. I find it unbelievable!! When the hell are people going to stand up against this kind of government intrusion. So much for freedom. I hope some of these restraunts file suit against the city.