• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I dunno...what you guys think about this?

beradcee

imported post

In myexperience, alot of what people call 'racism' is actually 'social awareness'. People think that they get picked on because of the color of their skin (which is true sometimes), the way they dress, the music they listen to, the car they drive, etc, etc. The way that I see it, stereotypes are used to 'profile' for one reason, 95% of the time, that stereotype is true. Where do you think all these stereotypes come from?? They weren't just thought up by someone who had nothing else better to do. I'm your average white 25 year old male. And I'd be willing to bet that whatever stereotypes you've heard about white people, most apply to me. Does that make me mad?? Nope. Cause I know that I fit into them.Maybe you won't admit to it but I'd be willing to bet that EVERYONE here, at some point in their day to day life, stereotypes someone. Probably without even knowing it. That's just the way that it is. You CAN fault the cops for making a wrongful arrest. But not for doing what they felt was right. Maybe they weren't aware of the laws (as we've seen MANY times on OCDO) and youtaught them something. I can say this... if you got a ride back to where they took you from, you're damn lucky. I've never even heard of a cop giving a ride to anyone unless they were on their way downtown.

Not trying to piss anyone off. Just my 2 cents.

ne1

imported post

Personnally, I don't find much reason to trust people walking around in three-piece suits. Most of them are lawyers or business types that would sell their own mothers for a little bit of green paper.

It is my experience thata person wearing blue jeans and teeshirts can be much more principled.