Thread: might be in falls church next year

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

So if I make it up there, I'll look forward to hanging out with some of you and seeing the sights while being able to finally open carry. will be a big change from texas.

Post imported post

It is great to havethe freedom of not having to conceal all the time in Virginia. I always take the opportunity to OC when I'm back in Virginia visiting my parents.

Hopefully we can get a movement going to legalize it in Texas soon.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

can anyone point me to what the cost of living etc. is up near falls church?

Post imported post

Fairly high. The actual City of Falls Church is quite small, surrounded by Fairfax and Arlington counties. The average 2 bedroom apt rents for $1,600 per month in Falls Church.

"The median home cost in Falls Church is $667,000"

"Compared to the rest of the country, Falls Church's cost of living is 84.00% higher than the U.S. average."

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Profi...alls_Church_VA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falls_Church,_Virginia

EDIT: For the heck of it I checked Houston and Dallas on the same bestplaces website. They are both below the U.S. average, so you might be in for some sticker shock here.:shock: You might want to look in the Fairfax area, while still high, a little bit more reasonable then FC.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Thanks VAOpen, Not looking to actually move there, but I will have transportation so fairfax sounds like a much better option. I stayed at a EconomyStay America while doing a contract in Indianapolis and was hoping to do the same in Virginia. When I get more concrete info, i'd like to ask for some more help from people, if that's ok.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

DK - Ask away. Feel free to PM me if I can help, too. I live in the eastern part of Fairfax County, and will be working in Fairfax starting in January.

If you're being reimbursed for lodging, or given a perdiem, you'll probably be in better shape than if you were to move here and try to compare a salary change.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

IF, a big if, this position happens, i'm on my own for all expenses. This isn't a bad thing because of the pay i'll be making, but it will be a difficult start for the first month or two.

My main concern is having a roof over my head that I can afford. I stayed at a 'economystay america' in Indianapolis, which was 850 a month, but i'm hoping I can find a cheaper place around the falls church area. I'll have transportation of my own, so travel distance is not a big issue.

The only other thing i'll be looking for is people to hang around with and get used to the area there. I can't think of any better people than the ones who post here.

I'll post updates on what's going to happen as I get them. Cross your fingers for me, I need the job.

Post imported post

Just leave it at home when your ina chapter/NHQ or on assignment with the ARC. They will terminate you instantly if you have a weapon. Same for volunteers.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

If it happens, perhaps I could have a room available for rent, or someone else could. Keep in touch.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein