• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Registration in Arlington County?

possumboy

imported post

yep, I didn't notice that "small" detail. I was looking up numbers for something else that is what was returned with my search. Just noticed the number, didn't pay attention to the date. Odd they would have 2003 numbers out there though...

Sorry.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Arlington's registration is voluntary and has never been mandatory in the few years it's been in use. They used to have it more promenantly on their website, looks like their giving up on it a bit.

VAopencarry

imported post

That's interesting. I could see people registering their guns not knowing they didn't have to.

LW, Did they make it clear it was voluntary?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I think so, but it may not have at first. I do recall it being discussed at VCDL meetings though, so they are aware of it.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
in arlington you are not required but for lost and safety issues you can register its for your own benefit incase somone stoles ur gun and wana get it back faster

Can you explain that to me? If my gun is lost or stolen I would file a Police report and the gun info would be put into NCIC. If it shows up again they would run the serial number and my case number would come up.

How would registering it ahead of time speed up the recovery?

LoveMyCountry

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NO... "Registering", if I may use that term, is not the answer. In fact, I'd question as to what the information may fall under and may not be protected from release. The Bloominator would probably have direct access to it, somehow.