• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Senator: Gun-Toting Teachers Would Stem School Violence

TEX1N

imported post

Here is an interesting article about a NV Senator who is going to introduce a bill that would allow teachers to carry:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236538,00.html

Excerpt:
LAS VEGAS — A Nevada state senator and also-ran in this year's Republican primary for governor says the Legislature should consider letting teachers carry guns in classrooms to stem a rise in school violence.

"I would expect enough teachers would be interested so it would serve as a deterrent," said Sen. Bob Beers, R-Las Vegas. He said he's preparing a bill to introduce when state lawmakers convene in February.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I know that federal law & at least UT, DE, and OR allow permit holders to carry on school grounds generally - anybody have a reference for a listing of all such states?

Pwning the Papacy

imported post

I used to make my computer science teacher cry and then she'd take two personal days off every time. Would I have to fear violent retribution with easily available guns to adults who have suddenly lost their minds?

:cool: