• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms policy at ODU

C45P312

imported post

On a semi-related note, I went to TCC today (unarmed) to see if a certain class will transfer over to ODU. On my way out, I asked about TCC rules regarding firearms. I got a response something like

"What ever state law is, it's TCC law"

^ so I know there are no firearms allowed in high schools, middle, elementary, etc. But what about TCC?

-Carlo

Neplusultra

imported post

C45P312 wrote:
On a semi-related note, I went to TCC today (unarmed) to see if a certain class will transfer over to ODU. On my way out, I asked about TCC rules regarding firearms. I got a response something like

^ so I know there are no firearms allowed in high schools, middle, elementary, etc. But what about TCC?

-Carlo
You're good to go. Only K-12 public schools are prohibited. There are a number of community colleges in the state that permit carry. I would probably want to CC, OC might be a bit too much for the admin at this point.

C45P312

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
C45P312 wrote:

-Carlo
You're good to go. Only K-12 public schools are prohibited. There are a number of community colleges in the state that permit carry. I would probably want to CC, OC might be a bit too much for the admin at this point.
Ya, I don't plan on OCing. I will however CC.