• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster for a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm

Uzi4U

imported post

I'm trying to figure out what would be a good holster for my 9mm Sigma. I did a search and couldn't find anything, so, anyone have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

You might have a look at Fobus.....I own several and have found them to be excellent products.
I don't think you can buy a better holster even spending more money......BTW, I am not affiliated Fobus, LOL
www.fobusholster.com

cs9c1

imported post

Uzi4U wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what would be a good holster for my 9mm Sigma. I did a search and couldn't find anything, so, anyone have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
I have a Fobus that you can have. We would just need to figure out shipping. I traded the S&W for a Glock and have no use for the holster anymore.

kle

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
I have a Fobus that you can have. We would just need to figure out shipping. I traded the S&W for a Glock and have no use for the holster anymore.

Well if he doesn't want it, I'll take it...I could paypal you the money or something.

I'm still going to attempt to make a holster myself...I'd just buy a sheet or two of kydex, maybe a pull-the-dot loop (for IWB) or buy a belt loop (for OWB), and a bunch of rivets...can't be that hard...

Legba

imported post

I just use generic Uncle Mike's nylon holsters. I have size 15 (for large frame autos) OWB, a vertical shoulder holster, and a "tactical" thigh holster.

-ljp

kle

imported post

Legba wrote:
I just use generic Uncle Mike's nylon holsters. I have size 15 (for large frame autos) OWB, a vertical shoulder holster, and a "tactical" thigh holster.

-ljp
Is there some sort of badmouthing going on Re: Uncle Mike's holsters? Or is it just because they're generic, nylon holsters?

(I'm new to the whole holster thing...)

cs9c1

imported post

kle wrote:
cs9c1 wrote:

Well if he doesn't want it, I'll take it...I could paypal you the money or something.

I'm still going to attempt to make a holster myself...I'd just buy a sheet or two of kydex, maybe a pull-the-dot loop (for IWB) or buy a belt loop (for OWB), and a bunch of rivets...can't be that hard...
Hell, your in Virginia. We could just meet somewhere and it's all yours.

kle

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
Hell, your in Virginia. We could just meet somewhere and it's all yours.

We'd have to have a better reason to meet face-to-face, though...I'm in NoVA and Mechanicsville is darn-close to Richmond...that's a 4hr drive roundtrip for one of us (or 2hrs each if we met half-way somewhere). Maybe a gun show or a VCDL meeting? Hmm....unless one of us were to be near the other for some other business...

hmm...

Legba

imported post

kle wrote:
Legba wrote:

-ljp
Is there some sort of badmouthing going on Re: Uncle Mike's holsters? Or is it just because they're generic, nylon holsters?

(I'm new to the whole holster thing...)
I'm not aware of any particular badmouthing re: Uncle Mike, but nylon holsters can be rough on a gun's finish compared to Kydex (supposedly - I've not used the formed plastic holsters). That and I've seen some size recommendations from them that were a bit off (e.g. they recommend a size 15 for a large-frame Hi-Point, which is an unmanageably tight fit -not that I use Hi-Points either). I have no complaints.

kle

imported post

Legba wrote:
I'm not aware of any particular badmouthing re: Uncle Mike, but nylon holsters can be rough on a gun's finish compared to Kydex (supposedly - I've not used the formed plastic holsters). That and I've seen some size recommendations from them that were a bit off (e.g. they recommend a size 15 for a large-frame Hi-Point, which is an unmanageably tight fit - not that I use Hi-Points either). I have no complaints.
Well, I'm not too concerned with the gun's finish in any piece I carry; those guns whose finishes I care for I don't carry.

Maybe it was the Fobus holsters? There was the one video where the guy snapped the pivot on a OWB paddle holster, demonstrating that a gun-grab is easy with a Fobus holster, but I've heard that particular weakness was addressed.

Someone recommended to give the Crosman holster a try (the cheap nylon one they have for their airsoft pistols)...at less than $10, it's decent for what it does...holds the gun, attaches to the belt, isn't too easy to remove from the belt, retains fairly well (although the draw is somewhat complicated by the snap-clip-thing used to secure the strap)
. Fits the S&W Sigma SW9VE fairly decently, too.