Thread: OC in Michigan

Post imported post

New to the forum and love it. I have been reading a lot of information on the forum and am somewhat confused on the topic of open-carrying a pistol with a CPL.

I live in michgan and understand that the pistol has to be conseal at all times. As i have been reading though "Summary
    Michigan is a traditional open carry state. Open carry is more common in rural areas. You may NOT open carry in a car without a permit. However, Michigan recognizes the resident permits of all 50 states." says that we are a open carry state., then why cant we open carry? I know if u are in your car it can be any and open (dont have to hide it)

Also if i am traveling i know that states have their own laws. I was just wondering whats a good site to read up on what their own laws are on carrys and if i have to keep it shown at all times on me or in car.

Post imported post

Michigan IS an open carry state.

If you have a CPL, you DO NOT have to keep your handgun conceled. If you have a CPL you MAY cover your hand gun & you don't have to worry when you get into a vehicle.

By MI law, you may ONLY transport a handgun to & from a range or repair shop. To get a "Safety Inspection", or to & from a legal hunting place with a license. When transporting, it MUST be LOCKED in a case & in the trunk or not accesable toany occupent of the vehicle.It also must be UNLOADED & the ammo stored seperate.

All this doesn't apply IF you have the CPL.

Have you gone to http://www.migunowners.org/forum/index.php? yet ?