• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting a CCW permit = public record

Agent6-3/8

imported post

Thats excellent, badmonkey! I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even realize that this was going on. If we could just getthem them to pass a law protectinga personfrom civil suits if involved in a justifiable shooting we would be ingreat shape.

badmonkey

imported post

Agent6-3/8 wrote:
Thats excellent, badmonkey! I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even realize that this was going on. If we could just getthem them to pass a law protectinga personfrom civil suits if involved in a justifiable shooting we would be ingreat shape.
Thats also in the works. House Bill 2264, we can only hope these pass. I will be contacting people to voice my support. Here's the text of the other one:
§61-2A-4. Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.
(a) A person who uses force as permitted in this article is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law-enforcement officer who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law-enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes arresting, detaining in custody and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
(b) A law-enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (a), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
(c) The court shall award reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (a) of this section.

tattedupboy

imported post

The solution for freedom lovers is obvious. Move to either Alaska or Vermont (Despite the weather, Alaska would be my choice;Vermont has too many far left Karl Marx wannabees running around who wouldrepeal the carry laws at the drop of a hat). Wyoming is another good choice in that itis a traditional open carry state and is close to adopting a law allowing concealed carry without a permit.

badmonkey

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
The solution for freedom lovers is obvious. Move to either Alaska or Vermont (Despite the weather, Alaska would be my choice;Vermont has too many far left Karl Marx wannabees running around who wouldrepeal the carry laws at the drop of a hat). Wyoming is another good choice in that itis a traditional open carry state and is close to adopting a law allowing concealed carry without a permit.
Or we can keep pushing for better gun laws in our own states, using Alaska and Vermont as examples! One of these days I'm hoping that the federal government will stop allowing individual states to continue infringing on people's constitutional rights.

Agent6-3/8

imported post

badmonkey wrote:
Also Agent, what part of WV are you from? If you don't mind me asking.
Mingo Co.Although I'm in school up in Morgantown at WVU right now, so I'm not home too often. I'm definitely going to be spreading the word to get this supported. Do you have any idea who got this bill started?

VAopencarry

imported post

Agent6-3/8 wrote:
badmonkey wrote:
Also Agent, what part of WV are you from? If you don't mind me asking.
Mingo Co.Although I'm in school up in Morgantown at WVU right now, so I'm not home too often. I'm definitely going to be spreading the word to get this supported. Do you have any idea who got this bill started?
Here you go. Doesn't say who 'started it' but scroll down a little and you will see the bill sponsor's.

WV bills

MADISON

imported post

A ROANOKE TIMES writer has made Open Carriers out of 135 thousand plus CCW holders. The yooung Anti-Gun editor published the names and addresses, on the internet,of all Virginia CCW holders.

mzbk2l

imported post

I'll admit to some concern about the public records, but certainly not enough to have stopped me from getting a CCW.

If all you're worried about is fingerprints, keep in mind that anyone who is a veteran was probably printed when they processed into the military. Additionally, if you joined in the last decade or so, you probably gave a DNA sample.

The feds already have your info if you're a vet, so don't let the thought of giving up another set of fingerprints slow you down.....

cas

imported post

I agree with you about the license. Though just visting a gun site puts you into the NSA's database with whatever information they can garner on your PC. The NSA basically has AI to sift through the mined information These Governments of ours want you in their prisons. haveyall not seen that with 7 million people in the system now. 90% or more of thepolice are just as ignorant of the laws and the constitutions they swear to uphold. They don't care if they arrest you wrongly and then you will be in their system anyways. They will fingerprint you , unless you resist that which will get you in more hot water with them, which will lead to more fiat laws you have to fight in the kangeroo courts. I dunnot , as for me right now I draw the line in the sand at my doorway of my house. I will remind you that most of the police departments are being indoctrinated that constitution patriots are terrorists

Links to FBI pamphlets

http://prisonplanet.tv/articles/april2006/260406likelyterrorists.htm

http://www.virginianewssource.com/images/VATerrorismManual.pdf Viginia full manual

http://www.infowars.com/constitutional_terrorists.htm Information on the FBI pheonix manual

Opie

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
I'll admit to some concern about the public records, but certainly not enough to have stopped me from getting a CCW.

If all you're worried about is fingerprints, keep in mind that anyone who is a veteran was probably printed when they processed into the military. Additionally, if you joined in the last decade or so, you probably gave a DNA sample.

The feds already have your info if you're a vet, so don't let the thought of giving up another set of fingerprints slow you down.....

I live in Virginia, and my name was on the list published by the Roanoke Times. I was proud to be counted among the responsible people who carry, but the resulting news stories brought up an important point - some people get CHPs because they are justifiably in danger. One lady on the list had taken great pains to hide her location from a violent ex-husband. The Roanoke Times use of the FOI act to publish the list put her in real jeopardy.

Another gentlemen was a parole officer, and the newspaper's actions resulted in his wife receiving an unexpected visit from a released prisoner, at his home, while he was at work.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Here in DE it's not only a pain in the butt and expensive to get a CCDW permit, but too many people are "alerted" to your intentions to carry a concealed weapon.

We have to take an ad out in the local paper and "post"our application in there! Doesn't that totally defeat the whole point of CONCEALED?? Plus, we need to get 5 character references from people in our County. That means another 5 people will know you're carrying a concealed gun. This State doesn't make any sense!!!

Add to that needing to get fingerprinted by the police, get passport photos taken, and take a required gun course at the college.

We're talking about a minimum of $500 here. And DE is a "may issue" State. They could still deny your application!

I hate living in DE sometimes.