• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your Every Day carry

BOM

imported post

Lets get some pics up of our every day carry set up!

Mine:

Galco FLETCH OWB

Glaco ertra mag pouch

Galco belt

Surefire Z2 Combatlite

Pepper foam 10% Mk4

Hk USP .45 full size

Extra mag

COR-BON 230 grn +P

USP12.jpg

USP11.jpg

USP10.jpg

:D:D

CrashVector

imported post

I also use a Galco Fletch, but mine is a Fletch II.

I also use the Galco mag pouch.

Mine was originally the same color as the OP, but I used some Cordovan shoe polish to mke it a tad darker.

I absolutely love my holster. It fits my Walther P99 Military perfectly.

BOM

imported post

CrashVector wrote:
I also use a Galco Fletch, but mine is a Fletch II.

I also use the Galco mag pouch.

Mine was originally the same color as the OP, but I used some Cordovan shoe polish to mke it a tad darker.

I absolutely love my holster. It fits my Walther P99 Military perfectly.
Galco makes some fantastic gun leather. Nothing i have ever tried, custom or otherwise has satisfied me like my Galco leathers have.

CrashVector

imported post

Yeah, I was very surprised at the quality of my Fletch II holster.

Admittedly, it was more expensive than I thought it would be (bought it on sale for $40 with the mag pouch), but I am now totally convinced that if you want a really good holster, it should cost at least $50 at normal price.

The holster I have originally costs a little more than $70 if I remember correctly. Once I got it the color I wanted, and got it broken in properly, it truly is a thing of beauty.

The Fletch series is just about perfect for a "dress holster" as far as looks go. They don't look all tactical, and if you take the time to polish them like you should, they actually look nice and sophisticated...much less likely to raise suspicion.

In my experiences with OC, your appearance means a LOT. Whenver I open carry (which is just about every day), I take great pains to appear clean-cut and appropriate. Having a holster that looks clean and well taken care of is just icing on he cake...and gives people the first impression of the OC'er as being a responsible, level-headed person. You are much less likely to arouse suspicion, and are much MORE likely to leave a favorable opinino of OC'er in other people's minds if you actually take the time to care about how you look while carrying.

mlands

imported post

Personally I carry the following:

Sig P229 .40 cal. Equinox semiautomatic

Holster:Black leather Wild Billbrand (paddle)bought at a gun show

Ammo: .40 cal. 180 grain Federal Supreme hollow points

One extramagazine

NRA Tactical Series folding knife.

I have had a lot of offers to buy my Sig at the gun show who spotted it, but no way am I sellingunless the offer wastoo good to pass up.

Mtn Jack

imported post

Anybody carry a blackhawk level 2 ? i forget te name but it has button for quick release thinking it may be safer than my fobus or my milt sparks summer special for OC. Thanks Mtn Jack