• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Online Brigade

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

TEX1N suggested this at our last meetup, that we start a running thread where we can post links to other forums when open carry threads come up. Mostly as a counter to the pro CCW anti OC folks.

Anyhow here is the first candidate thread. A fair amount of bias there but RussP a Moderater there and VA resident has been supportive of OC in the past.
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=631141

TEX1N

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Anyhow here is the first candidate thread. A fair amount of bias there but RussP a Moderater there and VA resident has been supportive of OC in the past.
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=631141
Apparently there is a waiting period from when you register to when you can post on glocktalk; or I would have replied to that thread. It sounds like to me that Alaskapopo is one of those LEO's who believes the government grants the people the RKBA.

That thread makes my head hurt!!! We should try and hit these Anti-OC gun forums, they need to know that we exist and that OC'ers are not the wackos they think we are.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I noticed on glocktalk they keep talking about LEO's being shot with their own gun as a reason not to OC but, the difference is we are not trying to arrest and cuff someone.For some reason they just can't seem to get their head out of their rear to see this,if they don't want to OC then they should cc and be on their way and let the rest of us to exercise our rights as we see fit.:banghead:

jimwyant

imported post

I'm posting in Glock Talk, Fairfax Underground and Florida Shooters threads. Like most of these "discussions" I've seen outside of OCDO, you have those folks (many, but not all LEO's) who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that OC is the stupidest anything anyone without a badge and uniform could ever do, and ignore any discussion that even remotely disagrees with their position. On the other side, you have those of us who do OC, who simply want to share our reasons for doing so, and wish to repeal legislation that limits or denies us the choice to carry as we deem appropriate. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

reefteach

imported post

I also subscribe to a "google alert" for the phrase "open carry". Everytime google sees these terms on a new webpage, they email me the link to that page.