• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Online Brigade

ne1

imported post

Open carry conversation with Allegheny County police officer
http://www.packing.org/community/leo_encounters/listview/24784
Anyway, I wondered if anyone else had carried openly in Allegheny County and what responses they had received. I've been to opencarry.org, but the entries in 'stories from the states' seem to be alot of bragging and have a confrontational tone. the last thing I'm looking for is to weird out the 'sheeple' or to have to quote Comm. of PA v. Hawkins to a LEO, so I found OC.org less than helpful.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ne1 wrote:
Open carry conversation with Allegheny County police officer
http://www.packing.org/community/leo_encounters/listview/24784

The OP also said:

In short, he personally had no problem with open carry and didn't discourage me from it except to say that it makes you more of a target to potential BGs. I admitted that I do not use an active retention holster and have not been trained in weapon retention. I also shared with him that I had carried openly a few times in the last few months in Allegheny County...

which is pretty much what LEO 229 has been saying here...

Also, I think the use of holsters with retention issue keeps coming up. It would seem to bea really good idea.