• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Zealand-Gun dealer defends his life and gets charged

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Unless we stay vigilant and keep our elected representatives in line our future will resemble the current status in New Zealand. The reasoning of the police officer in the video is beyond understanding. They support the right of the man to defend himself from the machete-wielding maniac, but they would take away his means of defense?? :banghead:

The news lady seemed to grasp the irony of the situation though. I loved the way she kept grilling the idiotic police detective when he geve such incredibly stupid answers to her questions.

VAopencarry

imported post

Yeah, have to give the reporter credit. She drilled the police spokesman.

Pretty crazy, If he had the gun on his person he would have been ok but he took it out of a desk so it's illegal. WTF?

gsh341

imported post

I think that any jury that would convict this man is off their collective rockers. This was a clear case of a man defending himself with a weapon that was legally owned and the police are looking for something, anything at all,to charge him with. All they can come up with is improper storage of the pistol that he owned and had in his control.

It's aBS case and if I was on the jury I would acquit. If I was the judge, I'd kick it out of my court.

denwego

imported post

Not only are some pistols semi-automatic, but now they have "semi-loaded" ones to boot... such technological advances they're making down in the southern hemisphere! :lol:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Update: Common sense prevails. Judges throw out case against dealer.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/423466/1170436

Carvell believes police tried to drop the charge without losing face. On Friday he says he was offered a deal whereby if he said he was wrong they would drop all charges.

The police were clueless when they brought the charge. The police were clueless right to the end. Ridicule is a perfectly good tool of criticism for those police.

I fart in their general direction. :uhoh: