• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD Custom Shop

Dan H

imported post

Check out Canyon Creek as well, they do good work on XD's

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I'm a member at XDtalk as well. There is probably someone over there that had SA do some refinishing. (Hey Utah! How are you? :D)

I've never used SA's custom shop for anything, since my XD's have never needed any repairs or refinishing.

I had my XD-9 subbie Gun-Koted by Rich at Canyon Creek. I got the slide colored blue and the small parts colored silver. Then I did the lettering in silvermyself. Here's a picture of her:

XD-9-2-Finished-20-sm.jpg

This gun is now my fiancee's. I gave it to her as a Christmas present, and had it colored FOR her because she loves cobalt blue.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Tyler wrote:
Cool. I have the same pistol in 40 cal. Have you looked into 'pearce' brand grip extension?
Not only have I looked into them, but I have them for all of my subbie magazines. I have kind of larger hands, and without the Pearce my pinky rests UNDER the mag and is very uncomfortable. My fiancee has smaller hands, and doesn't require the Pearce w/ her subbie. It'll obviously depend on the size of your hand.

But for people w/ larger hands, I believe thePearce is a MUST have item. And it doesn't really add anything significantto the dimensions of the mag/grip for concealability. But for me, it does addplenty of space for my pinky to "fit" onto the grip.

:D:cool:

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Well, I remembered to take some pictures after I got home from work. These have been resized and rotated (if needed). Here's the right, left, and top views of my fiancee's XD-9 subbie.

XD-9sc-02blue_05142007-02Right-sm.jpg

XD-9sc-02blue_05142007-01Left-sm.jpg

XD-9sc-02blue_05142007-04Top-sm.jpg

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Well, that's my fiancee's gun. :D And thanks, I'll show her what you said when she gets home.

I have an XD-9 subbie, and an XD-9 service, both in "bland all black" attire. They're carry weapons, nightstand weapons, IWB holster weapons, etc... so I don't want any "fancy" colors on them. Black is good for my every day defense needs.

xpun8

imported post

Dave_in_del...
Before I saw your pics I thought the only colors for guns was black, silver and walnut. I've seen guys with Gun-kote and/or Dura coat(?) but they were OD green or desert dirt tan. There's all sort of colors now, even pink. That blue looks nice.

By the way...Springerprecision and pistolgear have some nice sounding trigger jobs (claimed to be drop in) trigger upgrade + trigger bar, the combined effort reduces take up and over travel. The nice thing is you get to keep your original XD parts without mods to them. On xdtalk:trigger bars